Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Waist bag suggestions

Georgios

New in Town
Hello there, im looking to find a good waist bag to carry all my essentials daily but also look good with my look. I wear mostly loafers or derbys with straigt jeans chinos or relaxed trousers and minimal abstract shirts. I carry my phone my wallet my glasses case my car and home keys a small ricoh grd iv so i need something small. What would you suggest ?

Edward

Bartender
Not a popular style in these parts, I think it's fair to say,. When I don't have much to carry, I use one of Wested Leather's repro Mk VII Gas Mask Bags (i.e. the Indiana Jones bag). They do those in an all-leather version now too, which is nice.

Rather than a bum bag, I've often considered something like this:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/116...=sr_gallery-1-27&frs=1&organic_search_click=1

1662641204684.png

Search Etsy for "shoulder holster bag", plenty of them on there. (Also plenty of actual shoulder holsters, but it's easy enough to filter those out for those designed to carry something other than a sidearm.

If you see yourself rocking the Chewbacca vibe more than Bullit, there's also this style:
1662641322079.png

Lots of great leatherwork in that ilk on Etsy at present, though with much of it being made in and shipped from Ukraine, not all sellers you'll find there are present operational, for obvious reasons.

Georgios

New in Town
I know its a very difficult category and im trying to find something nice for a long time( im not in a rush though). Thanx for the suggestions but they are not much my style. Id like something that doesnt look strange or unusual..

Georgios

New in Town
The defy bag looks really nice but its really too big for me. Im looking for something with 0,75-2L capacity. If im going to cary more then ill take my filson briefcase

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
If I may suggest yet another option; Patagonia Sling Bag.

Daily to work I use a sling bag. Over the shoulder it goes. A couple times a month I have work related air travel and the sling is an easy choice. I can wear it over a shoulder and cross my body when I need freedom to shlep luggage and stuff, or just put it over the same shoulder, like a backpack carried w/one strap. I sit down in an airline seat and I rotate the bag on my chest to open take my earbuds out and then to take off and store just to my hip on my seat. Very safe.

I also like that it is not a "fanny pack." Having lived through the 80-90's when bright hued fanny packs existed have me with a bias that equates them with folks in track suits and "stiff hair."

i-w2Rvc42-M.jpg

I hope my post assists.

Cheers, Eric -

jdbenson

One of the Regulars
Most times, my EDC can easily fit in my pockets, so I don't often carry a bag, but I do have two shoulder bags for days when extra gear is needed.

For most days, I find that my reproduction of a military map case shoulder bag is perfect. One compartment big enough to hold a ipad/tablet or a book, plus a small pocket under the flap. You should be able to find one for around $25 USD.
1663003640233.png

visiguru

New in Town
Hey there! It sounds like you're in the market for a stylish and functional waist bag to carry your daily essentials.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk