Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted RMNZ ANJ-4 Size 44

MET

A-List Customer
I can pay 1200 Euro for a RMNZ ANJ-4 in a size 44.
No other maker and no other size and no other type.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Wow,!
best repro I have seen.
Will be in Japan in Sept. will try to find one there.
Great jacket, I envie you John.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Wow,!
best repro I have seen.
Will be in Japan in Sept. will try to find one there.
Great jacket, I envie you John.

Why do you think you'd find a Real McCoys New Zealand Jacket in Japan?
Won't they just have Real McCoys Japan? I've seen plenty of those here.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
I will let you know when I have it or them ( or not ).
I have been informed that they are available since RMC NZ closed down and Japan took over.
Anyway, lets wait and see.
Big J would be happy to meet you there, I will be in Tokyo, Kobe and Osaka. Dates not set yet.

MET

A-List Customer
Over the Pacific on its way to me. I bought it to sell If found anyone is interested. I also have a 10 year old size 44 that's not for sale.

Could you write the measurements of the size 42 or can it be good fit for someone just under 6 feet, weighs 190lbs and with 43" chest?

If you happen to sell the size 44 one day, I can gladly buy it whatever the price.

John Lever

One Too Many
Hi,
I think the 42 would be too small. I have no plans to sell the 44 at the moment sorry.
I understand your desire to buy a RMNZ buy there are others out there like Aero

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Aero has the best hides and craftmanship, but their zippers and stuts are far away from the originals or more importantly far away from other repro makers.Other prime repro makers have much better ( and reliable) metalware.
Just ask for details from Aero and compare to others and or original wartime zips...But the hides/ fleece from Aero are the best.
BTW there was a thread here about the quality of the Aero zips , they realy need to improve this very fast.
But again thumbs up for their leathers and sheepskins...best best ever.

Last edited:

MET

A-List Customer
Hi,
I think the 42 would be too small. I have no plans to sell the 44 at the moment sorry.
I understand your desire to buy a RMNZ buy there are others out there like Aero

As far as I know Aero doesn't offer one piece back. But in one of your Anj-4 posts I've seen it with one piece back. Was it an exception and can they make it again?

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
The Few in Japan still offers AN-J-4, well made, seal, all correct zip and fasteners sizes up to 44", but the prices I saw...1800,--Euro minimum.

John Lever

One Too Many
As far as I know Aero doesn't offer one piece back. But in one of your Anj-4 posts I've seen it with one piece back. Was it an exception and can they make it again?

Not all WW2 contracts had a one piece back. Aero had a two piece like the one I reviewed here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy