Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted: Set of Black Silk Covered Buttons

Annixter

Practically Family
I'm attempting to replace the damaged and missing buttons on a vintage dress coat, but I'm having trouble sourcing silk-covered buttons on eBay, etsy, or other websites. Does anyone have or know of a source for (8) L30 (3/4") and (4) L24 (5/8") silk-covered dress buttons? I have sources for polyester satin buttons, but I'd prefer silk if I can get my hands on them. Thanks.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Here's something as well......

http://www.bblackandsons.com/tuxedo-buttons-p-859.html

T45-TUX.jpg

Annixter

Practically Family
Thanks for the links gentlemen; it's amazing what websites with "buttons" in their title one doesn't find after hours of internet research on buttons. I'll be calling Tender Buttons later to see about silk. As for MJ Trim and B. Black & Sons, I came across them in my search, but their buttons are polyester. I doubt anyone aside from myself would ever know the difference, but the original buttons are silk, so I wanted to stay as true to the vintage as possible. BB & Sons looks like the place if I cannot find silk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran