Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wanted to buy a Stetson Stratoliner, or a Boeing...

St.Ignatz said:
Deputy you and I are a whole different size. I'm a 7 5/8 extra long oval.
Good luck swaviator they are out there somewhere.
Tom D.
But we go by the same first name & have the same last initial!!!!
I do have a Stetson OR that is 7 1/2 XLO that fits just like my 7 5/8 LO Stratoliner ...
Tom D. also....

swaviator

New in Town
gtdean48 said:
But we go by the same first name & have the same last initial!!!!
I do have a Stetson OR that is 7 1/2 XLO that fits just like my 7 5/8 LO Stratoliner ...
Tom D. also....

Sort of a faux Strat? Do you have a picture posted of the Stetson OR?

Thanks to every one who responded. Please keep me in mind if you come up with a Stratoliner...Boeing or Stetson.

swaviator said:
Sort of a faux Strat? Do you have a picture posted of the Stetson OR?
I was replying to St.Ignatz more about size than anything.
Some say a Strat is just a relabeled Open Road, not the other way around.
I'll be on the lookout for a Strat in our size...

Topdog

Familiar Face
Marketing 101

My Strat and Open Road are dimensionally identical. the only difference I can see is the sweatband. Same hat marketed at different customer groups. Very efficient for the factory. They only have to stock two separate sweatbands and it opens up a whole new market with no R&D costs

swaviator

New in Town
Topdog said:
My Strat and Open Road are dimensionally identical. the only difference I can see is the sweatband. Same hat marketed at different customer groups. Very efficient for the factory. They only have to stock two separate sweatbands and it opens up a whole new market with no R&D costs
Thanks Topdog. This sounds like an easy conversion if I can't find a Strat anytime soon. Do you have a picture of your Strat and Open Road posted?

swaviator

New in Town
swaviator said:
Thanks Topdog. This sounds like an easy conversion if I can't find a Strat anytime soon. Do you have a picture of your Strat and Open Road posted?
Okay, how do I do an Open Road to Stratoliner conversion? I'm getting desperate!

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
No need to do a "conversion" really. They are similar hats but not identical. Also, variations are found within each model.

If you happen to find an Open Road you like in your size just buy it and wear as is. Eventually you are sure to find a Stratoliner as well. If you then end up with both hats and want to sell the Open Road you shouldn't have a problem. ;)

swaviator said:
Okay, how do I do an Open Road to Stratoliner conversion? I'm getting desperate!
I have a Canadian made Royal Stetson Open Road that I sent off to Optimo for a new sweatband & liner, cleaned & blocked. Size 7 1/2 XLO with a 2 5/8 brim. I paid way too much for that hat then sent it off so I can't sell it for what I have in it but I've got to get $175 for it.
Since it is vintage & due to the original type of sweatband, the color around the base of the crown has a tint to it.
roystet2.jpg

roystet3.jpg

roystet4.jpg

canuckOR1.jpg

It is so close to my Strat except for color differences.
If seriously interested, I can get some better photos for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn