Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ways to Display Vintage Magazines

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I have a nice collection of magazines from the 1940s that I'd like to somehow display in my office instead of just piling them on a shelf. Any ideas?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
That's a very cool idea! Of course, I'm going to want to use them periodically as they are terrific research for my WW2-era novels...

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A thought - scan all the covers, and then put scan printouts on a tabletop under glass. You don't have to worry about light bleaching out the covers or other damage happening to them. You could also use the scans in frames on the wall. When you need to research, pull the ones you need out of the filing cabinet.

What I have found in the past is that magazines that are left out get damaged. I tend to be pretty careful when handling magazines but a lot of people only see them as disposable. Even though they might be wonderful vintage items there will be those that attach no value to them and will not be considerate. My brother has always considered that any magazine out was the perfect coaster for a beverage in bottle, can or glass. Leave a magazine out when he is over and it will look like a bar napkin before he leaves.

I always worried about that too. People generally know not to touch things in my house unless they ask first. Except they feel compelled to dial my rotary phones until I want to throttle them.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I always worried about that too. People generally know not to touch things in my house unless they ask first. Except they feel compelled to dial my rotary phones until I want to throttle them.

Undoubtedly, many of them have never seen a rotary dial phone before! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner