Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wearing Suits to Lodge

DocMustang

One of the Regulars
Well it was lodge night in Alabama last night, they held a master mason degree. I showed up in my new linen suit and got several complements on it. Blue jeans were rampant on the sidelines and among the officers. At least there were no hooters t-shirts this time. I consider this to be progress. perhaps if I stick to my guns I shall inspire my brothers to wear proper trousers and leave the blue jeans at home. A fella can dream can't he?

rlandrews3rd

New in Town
There are several lodges in my town and they vary greatly on attire. My lodge is blue-collar oriented and the officers wear coats and ties in meetings. Everyone else varies from jackets to open-collar shirts. I wore a suit when serving on a Master Mason initiation but usually wear jeans or slacks and an open-collar shirt. No t-shirts or shorts are worn to any meeting. Scottish Rite meetings are another animal entirely. Coat and tie or suit is worn, with many of the officers in black tie.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda