Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weird Food Combinations

djhatman

One of the Regulars
A friend dared me to try this at a party and I kind of liked it. A browie and Nacho Cheese Doritos. Also before I went veg I loved tuna fish with a big glass of Tang.

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
I love mustard. LOVE!

I really like coarse-ground mustard on white bread with bread-and-butter pickles.

I also will dip just about any salty thing into a chocolate shake-- potato chips, tortilla chips, french fries, fried okra. Yummy!

LordBest

Practically Family
Processed cheese slices (Kraft) smeared with a thick layer of cruchy peanut butter then microwaved until it bubbles up and starts to go brown. Take it out of hte microwave and let it cool slightly before chipping away at it with a spoon.
I have not done this for years, but I did rather enjoy it after school.

Talbot

One Too Many
No one has mentioned the good old chip buttie. Not really odd food combo, but nice.

Chips beween two slices of bread with thick salty butter.

Potato cakes or french fries will do in a pinch, but must be warm to melt the butter.

Potato crisps between two slices of bread go down a treat as well.

I think my arteries just hardened a little.

Talbot

JJWord

Familiar Face
I'll eat pepperoncinis with just about anything. Cheetos, ice cream, pizza, smores, subs, burgers, bbq chicken, pb & jelly (or pb & nutella) sandwiches ... all of these I have enjoyed with pepperoncinis.

As soon as I have the jar in my hand, before I even open it, my mouth becomes completely watered.

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Applesauce and Cottage Cheese- mixed together or side by side, bite of this then a bite of that...I've loved the combination since I was a little boy.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
JohnnyGringo said:
Applesauce and Cottage Cheese- mixed together or side by side, bite of this then a bite of that...I've loved the combination since I was a little boy.

Same!! but I also like a little sourcream in the mix. Try it warm! Its like the gods ambrosia! ahahah

EDIT: My unit leader / boss put catsup on his eggs, toast, hashbrowns, hell you name it. What is that with people putting catsup on eggs?

rumblefish

One Too Many
My German grandmother used to make sauerkraut with an egg dropped in and then topped with sour cream. Served with rye toast. I can't remember the name she had for it...

Charlie Noodles

A-List Customer
GranadaGuy617 said:
That depends...what the heck are twisties?

Kind of like cheetos.

twisties.jpg

JennyLou

Practically Family
GranadaGuy617 said:
EDIT: My unit leader / boss put catsup on his eggs, toast, hashbrowns, hell you name it. What is that with people putting catsup on eggs?
I love ketchup and eggs. I's probably my favorite breskfast dish. Theres also banana ketchup which is very popular in the Phillipines. We eat it with lots of stuff.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Canned tuna, olive-oil, freshly-cooked rice and chilli-sauce. One of my favourite meals.

For some reason, others tend to think differently.

Another favourite is pasta with sauce, chilli, canned tuna and herbs.

I like canned tuna...:eek:

Another one is a toasted egg sandwich, with chilli sauce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo