Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weird Observation

Mycroft

One Too Many
Since this is the Observation Bar, I will make an observation (chuckles to himself). Did any of you all nodice that on TCM the intro to the movies when they show it is a TCM showing is that of Edward Hopper Paintings like Nighthawks etc.?

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
The two ladies are actually in a restaurant, the title of that painting is "Chop Suey". I saw it in person in DC a few years ago. If you can ever see a Hopper in person you'll be blown away. The Art Institute of Chicago has quite a few Hoppers, including "Nighthawks". And actually that whole bumper for TCMs "the Sunny Side of Life" segment (using the cool Chet Baker song "Look For The Silver Lining"), is nothing but Hopper paintings animated.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Two Hoppers

"Chop Suey"

HopperChopSuey.jpg

InspectorMorse

One of the Regulars
Good observation! I love their intros...do you remember the original intos they used when they first came on the air with the "band" playing giving way to the girl singers in a close up singing a jingle closing with "T-C-M!" ?? They occasionally use the first part of this intro but curtains fall before the girls sing....TCM has been and continues to be a "class act!"

(TCM is my "constant companion" as I seem to have it on every evening!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy