Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Well it's started :(

GarethT

New in Town
Hi Guys & Girls

I decided to pull the trigger on a dark brown Fed IV & a Santone Coober Pedy this morning.

The Fed IV is to replace a fur felt indy hat that I bought off fleabay and I thought I'd save some money on delivery ordering 2 hats at the same time. Thanks my excuse anyway ;)

Pics will be provided when they arrive :)

Can't wait :)

These are both nice-lookin' hats.

If what you want is a hat to wear as a regular item of attire that will eventually show signs of being worn as a regular item of attire, Akubra makes an excellent choice. They look good, they're relatively inexpensive, and they're readily replaceable.

GarethT

New in Town
These are both nice-lookin' hats.

If what you want is a hat to wear as a regular item of attire that will eventually show signs of being worn as a regular item of attire, Akubra makes an excellent choice. They look good, they're relatively inexpensive, and they're readily replaceable.

That's what I am hoping for. I enjoy wearing my indy hat, but am concerned that it's won't hold up to the welsh elements. The headband has already started cracking, which prompted me to replace it with a Fed IV.

I also have a christys black fedora, which I've held off wearing as I couldn't get it bashed right. The rear brim curved too high for my liking, so I approached Bloc to rebash it :) And she has done a good job of it, I just need to start wearing it now.

You're right about not stopping at 2 :) I already have my eye on the moonstone Fed IV ;) as I'll now have 2 dark hats, and considering my main wardrobe colour is black, it might go better, not sure though.

Will see what happens, I need to recover financially from these 2 first :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats