Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wellworth jacket - J Peterman might have done good with this one...

mike

Call Me a Cab
2697-MBZ.jpg

2697-MBZ-line.gif

"Fashion is like the weather: give it some time and it’ll eventually change.

And repeat itself.

Take this jacket.

Extra-wide peak lapels. Two-button front. Bi-swing back, with belt piece. Pure 1940's.

The last time we saw a jacket like this Tyrone Power was at the $100 window at Santa Anita, betting a long-shot in the third.

Until recently, that is.

I was in Beverly Hills, having brunch at the place. In walks Anthony Hopkins, wearing a jacket like this.
Vintage 1940's Hollywood Blazer

"OK," I said to myself. "That makes sense."

Then, not a half hour later, Brad Pitt walked in wearing the same style jacket.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.

Vintage 1940's Hollywood Blazer (No. 2697). Made in a luxurious linen/wool blend in a distinctive herringbone pattern, it's about time this jacket made a comeback. A true reproduction of the original, right down to the functional four-button cuffs, welt chest pocket and faux horn buttons.

Taped seams, two besom pockets with flaps and three interior pockets – two traditional chest pockets and a smaller waist pocket that's perfect for business cards.

A jacket like this gives you broader shoulders and a slimmer torso.
Vintage 1940's Hollywood Blazer

No wonder Power had Lana Turner and Janet Gaynor swooning at his feet. Imported.

Men's even sizes: 38 through 48.

Color: Brown with Blue windowpane stripes."

http://www.jpeterman.com/Mens-Jackets-Vests/Wellworth-Blazer

mike

Call Me a Cab
Well! I was thinking about considering one when they eventually get posted on their ebay store for a quarter of the price. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy