Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WEN cleansing conditioner?

crwritt

One Too Many
Has anyone tried this product?
It may be less of a new product than a different way to take care of your hair, cleansing your hair with conditioner only, and lots of it, and its very expensive.
http://www.wenhaircare.com/home_delivery.php?pactvid=3210434f5033d2224e603c17be80987b
From the instructions, it seems you use a great deal of product to wash your hair with it.
I wonder if using a less expensive conditioner to wash your hair the same way would achieve the same results?

Josephine

One Too Many
crwritt said:
I wonder if using a less expensive conditioner to wash your hair the same way would achieve the same results?

I use either V05, Suave, or White Rain conditioner to wash my hair. However, my hair is curly (when not smoothed out by henna); conditioner only washes work best on curly or coarse hair. I've been doing this for about 4 years now.

crwritt

One Too Many
I've used conditioner only as well to wash my hair, but never the huge amount they suggest in the instructions.
My hair is curly wavy coarse and abundant, and frizzy and out of hand this summer since I had highlights put in and had it "thinned"(which actually gave it more volume it did not need).
I ordered this WEN to try it, then thought maybe the cheap stuff would work just as well.
I recall years ago when I used henna my hair was smoother and more manageable. I'm not sure it would cover the white roots very well these days.

Josephine

One Too Many
crwritt said:
I've used conditioner only as well to wash my hair, but never the huge amount they suggest in the instructions.
My hair is curly wavy coarse and abundant, and frizzy and out of hand this summer since I had highlights put in and had it "thinned"(which actually gave it more volume it did not need).
I ordered this WEN to try it, then thought maybe the cheap stuff would work just as well.
I recall years ago when I used henna my hair was smoother and more manageable. I'm not sure it would cover the white roots very well these days.

I don't know how much the article says to use (I didn't read it), but I use about 1/5-1/4 a bottle each time I wash my hair, which is about every 5 days. So the cheap stuff is key. :D I only put it on the scalp though, let it sit for awhile, then scrub like it's shampoo, and work it through the rest of my hair. Sometimes I dilute the conditioner with water as the bottle empties, it makes it easier to work through my hair.

I have a lot of grey near my temples, and the henna covers them pretty well. I'll see about taking a picture tomorrow and posting it here so you can see. I need to color the roots soon so there will be a good contrast. :)

Lilibet

New in Town
I just looked at the ingredient list for the WEN product, and it doesn't look all that different from other conditioners. Certainly not $30 worth of difference. I'd imagine you could find something very similar at Whole Foods for half as much.

perfectredlips

New in Town
Sally's has a knock off of this stuff. I have the jojoba one and LOVE it!!! I use it every other day (I wash every day). Makes my hair totally smooth with very little effort. I do feel like it can build up on your hair if you use it every day. Its $10 at sallys (for the knock off)...give that one a try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner