Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

and here is a shot of the original...

1622559_760764767277271_4092343239502712242_o.jpg

Surely a better looking lid than that abomination he was wearing during this past season!

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
I want to add Buckaroo Hatters Hell On Wheels hat.
Rocky looks so cool in it.

That's a really cool hat! And soooo close to the original! :eusa_clap

I'm not quite sure, though. Does the hat make Rocky look cool - or does Rocky add to the coolness of the hat? I think both ;)

He's got a fantastic hat-head, and it's hard to imagine a western, that wouldn't look great on him. Those two pics must have been taken on 1/1000 sec, btw. I remember him as always smiling or laughing :)

majormoore

Vendor
Seems that any hat he puts on looks great on him, and and a few others I know can wear any hat also, and look great. He didn't want to smile , said he wanted to be like me and not smile

I did not want to over do the distressing on the hat so I didn't go over board as they have done on the movie hat.

Major Moore

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Mike that is awesome.
I missed last season, but do recall drooling a bit over the first season's hats. Really all of them, especially Elam Ferguson and his friend at the railroad. The irish lads, the native guy. And even the women's hats were cool.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Surely a better looking lid than that abomination he was wearing during this past season!
I don't think previous season hats were that terrible.

He didn't want to smile , said he wanted to be like me and not smile
Or me and Terry?

I did not want to over do the distressing on the hat so I didn't go over board as they have done on the movie hat.
It all depends on the costumer, but even "so clean" it looks great.

godzilla98rules

New in Town
I have a western hat that was badly in shape. I got it fixed and cleaned at The Boot Barn today:

IMG_0429_zpsae7c4e58.jpg

IMG_0430_zps9d12647b.jpg

IMG_0431_zpsf8919959.jpg

They did a great job!

Sorry. I don't have any pictures of the hat before the repair.....

fedoracentric

Banned

Personally, I think the entire costume design of Hell On Wheels is horrible. The first two seasons weren't horrible story-wise, this this third season... ugh.

majormoore

Vendor
When I look at old photos from all over the west back then, the clothes in Hell On Wheels, looks pretty good, the streets of the old west were dirt and when it rained they were mud holes, men and women worked hard and worn clothes hard and taking a bath or having clothes washed in a timely manner were not important in the day to day life.
I saw a interview with the head of wardrobe, that stated they had looked at 1000's of photos and wanted to show in the series that the clothes be as close to looking right, wanted the the clothes to be soiled and worn.
Please share with us why you feel the clothes are horrible, I like what several of the last 15 years of westerns and TV series about the old west have done to allow us as viewers to really see and understand how tough and dirty living back in the days really was.
I also liked the the clothes in Gangs of New York, wardrobe departments are really doing a wonderful job in making all clothes and items to have the real used and broke in look. TV and movies of the 50's and 60's for the most part did not do enough home work on clothes as they should have.
I give this series a thumbs up on what they did.
Major Moore

Personally, I think the entire costume design of Hell On Wheels is horrible. The first two seasons weren't horrible story-wise, this this third season... ugh.

fedoracentric

Banned
Well, maybe I'll have to go back and look closer, but at first i wasn't impressed. I saw too many leather vests, and the third season hats were bad. But maybe my first impression mislead me. I'll try to go take another look.

John Galt

Vendor
One of the last "real men" in Hollywood. RIP

Memory: 1984, HS freshman home after school, watching "Love, American Style," followed by the "Rockford Files."

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97