Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

DD, you have probably posted this before but what is the brim width on your Montana?

IMG_5665.JPG

I'm working with 3-1/4 x 6-3/4 or 7 on a 3XCB & headed for something like below, but don't want to lose any width with a curl. Maybe just a bit of cup in the brim? Maybe 3-1/4 isn't enough to look good.

IMG_5599.JPG

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
DD, you have probably posted this before but what is the brim width on your Montana?

View attachment 110545

I'm working with 3-1/4 x 6-3/4 or 7 on a 3XCB & headed for something like below, but don't want to lose any width with a curl. Maybe just a bit of cup in the brim? Maybe 3-1/4 isn't enough to look good.

View attachment 110546
The Montana has a 3 1/4" brim and 6" crown.
This Stetson has a 3 1/2" brim and 6 1/2" crown.
91d54492a0276d2518a09d80f99f1e5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The Montana has a 3 1/4" brim and 6" crown.
This Stetson has a 3 1/2" brim and 6 1/2" crown.
91d54492a0276d2518a09d80f99f1e5d.jpg

You are definitely better at smooth creases & especially the big elephant ear pinches than I am. Mine are boxy & lumpy. I'm thinking with the 6-3/4 crown I need to keep the brim flat & not curl it for the proportions to look right.

Desert dog

You are definitely better at smooth creases & especially the big elephant ear pinches than I am. Mine are boxy & lumpy. I'm thinking with the 6-3/4 crown I need to keep the brim flat & not curl it for the proportions to look right.
I think your crease looks great! I think the flatter brim will look good.

Yahoody

One Too Many
Desert Dog said:
I can almost feel the weather change. Maybe because it is rolling in here, hope it drops something!

Yep, we sure could use some rain here. Pastures were actually getting dusty yesterday. But we got some rain last night thankfully. More tonight I suspect. Been warm the last couple of days so green is popping up every where after last night's rain. Sure was purty today. Another month before we get irrigation back up and running.

Forgot this but their 10X felt hats are decent. @ 25% off they are more decent. I have 2 of their hats that I have been pretty happy with. Someone mentioned a while back that they might be built by D-J in Vegas. Might be so. I wouldn't know. I do have a 30 year old D-J and it aint nothing like the River Junction hats. Nice hats as I said but the RJ hats are not in the same ball park for quality by comparison.

https://www.riverjunction.com/Email-Specials_ep_54-1.html

Yahoody

One Too Many
Build # 10. Celebrated with a even bigger solid sterling silver concho :cool: 5"x 5", 100% Beaver Every build has had pretty much the same but always different issues. Been interesting so far. This was the first on done on my new Derby block. The Derby block made me realize why several of my commercially made custom hats weren't as good as they could have been. Derby's crown on thsi block is pretty tapered in every direction and simply doesn't fit my xl LO 7 3/8 head shape very well. I do like the natural colored sweat and the new bright red liners though :D

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Build # 10. Celebrated with a even bigger solid sterling silver concho :cool: 5"x 5", 100% Beaver Every build has had pretty much the same but always different issues. Been interesting so far. This was the first on done on my new Derby block. The Derby block made me realize why several of my commercially made custom hats weren't as good as they could have been. Derby's crown on thsi block is pretty tapered in every direction and simply doesn't fit my xl LO 7 3/8 head shape very well. I do like the natural colored sweat and the new bright red liners though :D

I like your hats and that red liner is outstanding.

Desert dog

That liner is beautiful! Do you have those made?

Yahoody

One Too Many
Desert dog said:
That liner is beautiful! Do you have those made?

Thank you. I do. Had a couple dozen made up. First time I used one was on this newest hat. I also have a bunch in black. My first Resistol as a kid in the '50s had a bright red liner like these. So I couldn't resist when I ordered. If a guy has a special project and was in need I suspect we could come to an agreeable price :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21