Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Nice. Do they say what year? Looks like 60's maybe 70's.

They were estimating a pretty wide range from late 1940s to early 1960s. It was probably in that range based on the address on the box with the address of the store in that period, the destination with an early postal zone vs. a zip code and the 4X designation vs. deluxe, supreme, etc.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Got this run of the mill, likely early '90s Stetson off Ebay. Just showed up today. I am a sucker for a 5" brim anything. This one goes 5.25"! And a mighty 7.5" crown. I do like the 1 3/4" gross grain ribbon and bow.

Took me about 10 minutes to turn it into something I'd actually wear :) Likely to get changed again. 4 3/4" ashtray crown now and still got that big old silver belly 5.25" brim. Liner and sweat still look unworn and new. Doubt it had ever been worn prior. "Gus" is the model. Likely made in late '89 or early '90s as Lonesome Dove and Gus came along in Feb, of 1989. Let me know if you can see something different there. Nice lwt felt by the feel of it. And a good leather sweat band. A decent buy from Ebay in my book!

I am thinking a big old feather added to the hat band is next :)

Pretty basic hat now....
Was watching that one but it was no international shipping...

First cruise wearing the Stetson No.1 Quality Western creased to her former beauty. The indoor pics are more accurate for color. More pics to come in the Stetson No.1 Quality thread.

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's got to be one of the best looking hats that I have seen! The colors and dimensions are perfect. Cool backdrop, the tub, and the cowgirl looks like she's wearing your hat.
First cruise wearing the Stetson No.1 Quality Western creased to her former beauty. The indoor pics are more accurate for color. More pics to come in the Stetson No.1 Quality thread.

View attachment 133014

View attachment 133017

View attachment 133015

View attachment 133016

View attachment 133018

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's got to be one of the best looking hats that I have seen! The colors and dimensions are perfect. Cool backdrop, the tub, and the cowgirl looks like she's wearing your hat.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks DD, but not sure how it would stand up to some of your hats! I'm really liking these block 52 style hats especially when the brim is in the 2-3/4" to 3-1/4" range. With the 6" open crown & bound brim it can be made to be like a big OR.

This old brothel tub came out of a long time Saloon/brothel/gaming house named "Wilder's". Bob may have heard of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters