Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

Hat is great. Always dig the boots. I’m a wanna be, a suburban cowboy. My rationale is that I’m an outlaw on the oboe, so that justifies wearing western clothing. I covet some nice black boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As one who struggles with a three chord, 12 bar repeat on guitar music, to know an oboe player is the end of a mission.

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thoroughbred 10X

ba1d680cdcdd188680f807d56833d1cb.jpg

0925217ce24bac4e13f471bdcde78e4d.jpg

b0fbc2f9aa641a22b949f81a75342101.jpg

3981f563cfd407cbd3413b2bf8871f5b.jpg

Complete with those rarest of adornments...rain drops in Central California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Exceptional!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Nellie is doing great, thanks for asking. (Galena in the other picture is 5) Good scar that hopefully will get smaller over time. But we were just able to stop wrapping her a couple of weeks ago. Five months of bandages, needing replaced every other day. I was beginning to wonder if she would ever heal up.

This is Nellie....she is just a little over 2.
View attachment 144621
Beautiful! I love the horse photos Yahoody. :)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
I was gifted a nice little Western from a fellow Lounger. This is a Kevin McAndrew, probably earlier 1960s vintage (?) I have no plans to convert this one. I liked it's casual working man's Western styling of that era that I left it mostly as is.The only changes I made to this was to curl the brim to my liking and I also took out the mule kicks that were in front and back of the crown. I saw styles like this in movies and TV shows from the '50s and '60s and I always liked the look. I'll have more pics later. Still doing some minor adjustments on it.

Some slightly different angles of the hat.
Kevin-Mc-Andrew-5-A.jpg

Kevin-Mc-Andrew-3-A.jpg

Kevin-Mc-Andrew-6-A.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was gifted a nice little Western from a fellow Lounger. This is a Kevin McAndrew, probably earlier 1960s vintage (?) I have no plans to convert this one. I liked it's casual working man's Western styling of that era that I left it mostly as is.The only changes I made to this was to curl the brim to my liking and I also took out the mule kicks that were in front and back of the crown. I saw styles like this in movies and TV shows from the '50s and '60s and I always liked the look. I'll have more pics later. Still doing some minor adjustments on it.

Some slightly different angles of the hat.
Kevin-Mc-Andrew-5-A.jpg

Kevin-Mc-Andrew-3-A.jpg

Kevin-Mc-Andrew-6-A.jpg
That looks really good! Is there any resemblance to a Resistol? I have been told that Resistol owned Kevin McAndrew at one point.

That looks really good! Is there any resemblance to a Resistol? I have been told that Resistol owned Kevin McAndrew at one point.

I hadn’t heard that. Maybe @T Jones can show us the liner and if there’s any reference to Byer-Rolnick or any other Resistol clues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
@ DH and @Desert dog, it does indeed have a resemblance to a Byer-Rolnick made hat. When I first saw the liner in the Kevin McAndrew I thought it looked very similar to the liner in a Bradford Ltd that I have. Bradford was also a Byer-Rolnick hat, as was Resistol. The liner is drying at the moment from where I was cleaning it up some but when it dries I'll get pictures of both the Bradford liner and this McAndrew liner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran