Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

John Galt

Vendor
Yeah, I watch "The Walking Dead" and I'm preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse...but I need a hat to complete my preparations...I like Rick Grimes' hat but I don't know who makes it...anybody have any ideas who the maker might be?...

4eq7.jpg

Stratton is probably right - they make most of the uniform hats in the US. It's a "ranch" crease.

DougC

Practically Family
Looks like the classic horse shoe crease on the poster to me...the extra crease and roundish crease the crown v. pie shape of the cow track.

Edit-with a front dent to boot.

John Galt

Vendor
Yes, definitely the horseshoe. It's nice... but have you tried:

THE BOMB POP,

rz6e.jpg

I don't have these (yet), but did a similar crease to The Bomb Pop for my Halloween costume last year (hardhat style). The hat was a Resistol 4x found on Etsy. I stretched it on a wine bottle and hand creased it before adding the new trim. I just couldn't get that stain on top out.

I think I'll pinch this up on top & get a long yellow trench, cowboy boots & pistols for a good Tom Mix Halloween costume this year.

ubymynag.jpg

u5a4ahud.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Awesome. :)

I had the pleasure of briefly meeting brad from star of the west hats in rapid city yesterday. He does some nice work. His best work appeared to be wrapped in plastic and waiting to be picked up by customers, but I did check out a few gems on the shelf. Though I did not make a purchase, I did see a very nicely pounced pecan derby with a well executed pencil roll and nice block. Also, I discovered a new style that I liked on my head-- the hat was a dark brown western with what looked like a center dent that sloped down toward the front a little. The crown was five inches open, and brim, to my surprise, was four inches before the bound pencil curl which was rolled more on the sides. It reminded me a little of the deadwood hat.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I finally was able to go pick up my John Wayne hat from Buckaroo Hatters. Seven inch open crown and a 4 inch brim. All bunny fur in Silver Mist.

20_JW_Cavalry_Hat_Front_Post_zpsbf05426d.jpg

21_JW_Cavalry_Hat_Quarter_Post_zps01c2668d.jpg

I walked Shiloh Military Park in the rain for 2 hours, and the hat still looks the same. Rocky did a lot of the shaping and he did a really fine job.

Later

hatband

One of the Regulars
Hi 1961MJS, I have been looking at buckaroo Hatters recently. Their choices are awesome. Really like your choice in hats.The John Wayne really suits you. You wear it well.
Your avatar is also a great looking pioneer type hat.
Hi

I finally was able to go pick up my John Wayne hat from Buckaroo Hatters. Seven inch open crown and a 4 inch brim. All bunny fur in Silver Mist.

I walked Shiloh Military Park in the rain for 2 hours, and the hat still looks the same. Rocky did a lot of the shaping and he did a really fine job.

Later

Duck

Practically Family
Great looking hat! Mike and Rocky did a great job!
Hi

Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn