Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
Here's a vintage 1000X Stetson that we completely redid inside and out we found at an Estate Sale for $10.00
I prefer the Gus look than the ranch boss look.
With this hat and riding boots on I'm 7 foot tall. lol
We acquired a matching one in White for $5.00 at the same time and that one is Barbies. Both hats are fuzzy.
We wear these to Cowboy Christmas and the hat aficionado's eye's just pan as we walk by with mouths agape. They ask where we got them and know who made the hat.

DB10.jpg

Reblocked Hats to

A Few Dollars More

DB6.jpg

Hang Em High
DB8.jpg

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
Victoria Barkley Bolero Hat/ Vaquero Boots from "THE BIG VALLEY"series

I posted this on another forum. So I'm reposting it here now.

This is the same style boots Victoria Barkley wore on the TV series THE BIG VALLEY also including here daughter Audra Barkley. Barbara Stanwyck in real life was an avid horse person and had contributed considerable technical input during the filming of this series including wardrobe. Along with her outfit she wore a Bolero Jacket and matching Gaucho's and a Bolero wide brimmed hat. Pictures here is an outfit that would have been worn on the show or in the mid 1880's.
Also please excuse her holster and belt. I suffer from some intermittent vision problems on objects up close and have yet to finish the other 12 holsters.

BARKLEY5_zps095aa8b5.jpg

BARKLEY4_zps7e44e436.jpg

BARKLEY3_zps9319843b.jpg

the-big-valleylg_zps9ff78bca.png

637.jpg

643.jpg

Last edited:

DUKE NUKEM

One of the Regulars
Great outfits Duke! I'd love to get into Cowyboy Action shooting myself sometime. Looks like a hoot!

Thanks V68 although were not into the Cowboy Action thing at all. Not even remotely. Everything pictured is actual riding gear and served a purpose.
Actually we are an anachronism of the mid to late 1800's. Were trading a couple homes for two large ranches in the PNW and will be living life as the most part in the era we would have preferred to live in.
Kind of a cross between the Victorian and Vaquero culture. The Barkley women were period correct but the fellas picture are wearing some sort of a illusional fantasy wear dreamed up by members of the Film Actors Guild Society. The Film Actors Guild Society have these fellas wearing drop loop holster gun belts. These were never worn back in the 1800's. The gun belts were dreamed up by Alfonso Of Hollywood Leather in the late 50's along with that being very poor craftsmanship to boot.
Also note that pants that were made back then from French Tent material De-Nim now called Denim did not have belt loops but were supported by suspenders. Boots wear never short like you might see your average cowboy wearing but were knee high to protect from Cactus, Briers, Snake Bite, Rocks, Low branches, etc....
Sorry it irks me to know end the historical inaccuracies about.
It really blows being born 125 years late.
I will add the wife and I find the era most gravitate to here very fascinating.

Last edited:

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Hippie with beads and Stetson No.1 Quality.

Thank you, Alan. You make me so happy and grateful, I was born in the middle of the 1950s! I like all the items in the picture, and I love the fact, that you combine them. To me that shows superior sense of style ... oh, and don't let me forget to applaud the casual authenticity :eusa_clap

NewJack

Practically Family
This is a sweet piece! Gotta old Resistol Stagecoach similar to this one but in blue! When I learn how to upload pix without having using a link, I'll share!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko