Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western, anyone?

ingineer

One Too Many
Modern 6X Stetson Siverbelly 4 Inch brim 4 5/8 crown, Very cheap, could not not help myself, so something else in the post

Richard

g.durand

One Too Many
John, yes it's in pretty good shape---just a small moth bite on the leading edge of the brim which you can just see in the last picture.

Richard--thank you, sir. Not being able to help myself is why I have all these hats....

Great color on the 6X, it looks to be in great shape.

Last edited:

barrowjh

One Too Many
G. Durand, some of us will modify those factory-cut brims to bevel the edges to be round using 400 grit sandpaper. If that treatment dries out the felt on the edge too much you can use a cloth slightly damp with cocoanut oil to freshen it up; I think I have done this with all my formerly 'square' brim edges, including the newly soft 3XB pictured. A little bit of this may completely remove that little moth nip, or greatly smooth it out, at least. Or leave it alone, most folks will never see it or will presume you bumped into something. Why take a chance on such a nice hat, that one is in really great shape.

John Galt

Vendor
Very fine sandpaper for pouncing can be ordered online or found in the auto parts section at a store like WalMart.

John Galt

Vendor
American Hat Company 3X Best Quality Clear Beaver in GIANTS orange.

y8a9ubyq.jpg

John Galt

Vendor
That orange hat is what the admonition, "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all" was written for.

I'm sure it was a rodeo queen hat. I have several cowboy hats in bright colors, and passed on a couple of other orange ones before realizing how hard they are to find. I've been looking for several months, and was delighted to find this clear beaver one at a very good price - $9.99. It does have a divot in the crown, but I'll turn it inside out...

Greyryder

One of the Regulars
Once again, this forum reminds me of Firefly. "Man walks down the street in a hat like that, people know he's not afraid of anything." :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot