Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Western Style

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Who goes cowboy??? I've been over in the jeans thread and thought who's Cowboying in them.

My new boots

1138203450419_100_7970.JPG

and Shirt
PR-011.jpg

SGB

One of the Regulars
Nick Charles said:
Who goes cowboy??? I've been over in the jeans thread and thought who's Cowboying in them.

My new boots

1138203450419_100_7970.JPG

and Shirt
PR-011.jpg

Raised on a small ranch, lived on a bigger ranch most of my adult life until moving to stinkin' hot AZ 2 years ago. Sold the ranch, cattle, all the animals, miss them all.
Have worn western most of my life, collector of Cowboy Gear for a long time, sold most of the collection and kept the best.
Get my boots custom now, but my bootmaker is retiring after he finishes his current orders, about 1 1/2 years worth. Mine are being made right now, they will be killer. Have lots of boots, vintage Open Roads, lots of Western shirts and jackets. Also an artist, used to do a lot of Western Art in galleries etc.

SGB

funneman

Practically Family
Bravo Nick!

Good to see some vintage western clothes in the lounge.

I've had a hat or two and a couple of pairs of boots at my ready disposal since I was old enough to wear 'em.

My tenure at a country radio station and several trips to Nashville did much to round out my collection.

Let's see some more pictures and hear from other loungers with vintage western wear.

As soon as my daughter gets back from summer camp and shows me how to upload pics from the digital I'll share my collection.

Yahoo!

Wild Root

Gone Home
You know, I have a swell 40's H.BAR.C shirt I'll have to photograph and post... I enjoy a good 30's or 40's styled western getup now and again!

I'll try and get some photos up soon.

=WR=

I'm originally from S.E. New Mexico and lived around Texas as son of an oilman. Now in Pennsylvania, but still wearing starched Wranglers and my ropers. Started collecting vintage Open Roads (see Open Road Guild over in "Hats"). About to complete a set with a hard-to-find black vintage OR. I tell me wife, as a mid-life crisis, they're cheaper than a Vette.

See ya'll around the Lounge

SGB

One of the Regulars
GentlemanFarmer said:
I'm originally from S.E. New Mexico and lived around Texas as son of an oilman. Now in Pennsylvania, but still wearing starched Wranglers and my ropers. Started collecting vintage Open Roads (see Open Road Guild over in "Hats"). About to complete a set with a hard-to-find black vintage OR. I tell me wife, as a mid-life crisis, they're cheaper than a Vette.

See ya'll around the Lounge

I used to wear larger brim western hats, still have a few nice ones, but a number of years ago I switched over to Open Roads. I wore one Open Road a lot doing ranch work and it's now really full of character, got compliments at brandings on it, I'll not ever clean it. Most of my Open Roads are vintage wearers, but I have one real special one still in it's original box and probably never worn. Hatmaker Tom Hirt took pics of it he liked it so much, said it was one of the finest he'd seen, I've never worn it, afraid to.

Hard to beat a good fitting pair of Wranglers and boots, nice and long and bunched up a bit.

SGB

ideaguy

One Too Many
Westward Ho!

Don't know why, but got bit by the Western look a few yrs ago, now have some
killer boots (10pr,that I can see) and hats to scare the neighbors with...really
need a 100x Bone cowboy hat here in Massachusetts...but, love to slip on a
pair of custom ostrich boots,starched Wranglers and a more modest Western
hat and do the town, quietly; In Northampton, people dress all kinds of funny,
so one more stray doesn't cause too much of a ruckus. besides-those boots are so da*n comfortable and the fairer sex seem to like 'em, too.

SGB

One of the Regulars
ideaguy said:
Don't know why, but got bit by the Western look a few yrs ago, now have some
killer boots (10pr,that I can see) and hats to scare the neighbors with...really
need a 100x Bone cowboy hat here in Massachusetts...but, love to slip on a
pair of custom ostrich boots,starched Wranglers and a more modest Western
hat and do the town, quietly; In Northampton, people dress all kinds of funny,
so one more stray doesn't cause too much of a ruckus. besides-those boots are so da*n comfortable and the fairer sex seem to like 'em, too.

Yeah, ostrich is the best, I have about a dozen pair and my custom boots being made right now are full quill. I like ostrich so much I have 3 pair of shoes and all my wallets, checkbook covers etc. are ostrich. Ostrich is the most comfortable and durable skin, can't be beat. If you can't get past the bumps get flank, smooth but still comfortable, and ostrich leg makes a nice looking boot too.

SGB

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I rodeoed for several years of my life until I realizes (after a bronc stoved my ribs in) that I wanted a healthier way of living. But dang it if I still want a pair of Rocketbuster Boots. I think they would go great with a Hollywood Jacket and an Open Road. Kind of the Hank Williams Sr. feel, minus the drugs & booze.;)

RocketBuster.jpg

WesternGals.jpg

Sacktime360.jpg

Something that is a bit of fun and saddle functional as well.

Cheers!

Dan

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I was working outside there were disys I'd wake up and feel like a cowboy so I dressed the part. In fact if one pays attention you can see boots and jeans most everywhere and a shirt that may not be Hank Williams but is western casual to som extent.

Western is probably the largest clothing look participated in all over the US.

Byrne Sherwood

Familiar Face
I'm a fan of western wear, especially vintage styles, but it's a bit out of place here in New Orleans. I spent a few months in Houston post-Katrina where it was bit more "normal". As much as I like western wear, it feels a bit costumey at times. Perhaps that's because I'm no cowboy, just a wanna-be. I suppose my love of country music and interest in cowboy culure fueled my love of the clothes. Anyway, I'm glad it's getting some play on the Lounge.

Ken

A-List Customer
Here is a jacket I got in thw winter. Too darn hot (yes we are havign a heatwave in Scotland - amazing but true) at the minute

driftersm.jpg

Ken

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I wear my black justins all the time. They're the most comfortable pair of shoes I have. I found an old western jacket at the local hospital thrift shop. The top half is black suede. The body of the jacket is tweed. There are silver buckles on the suede portion. Made by frontier wear (sp.?)
I also have a repro western shirt. It's grey with piping, and an embroidered star on the back.
a couple of old bolo ties, a resistol open road look alike, anda whole bunch of plaid western shirts completes the western look. It's just kind of fun to wear this stuff. Especially at rodeos.

ideaguy

One Too Many
Classic Style might want to look at the resurgence of Western style-the
care involved in crafting boots is incredible, and some of the collections I've
seen of vintage-modern boots and hats show the serious quality-conscious
collectors buying only the best bespoke items to be had. Can't wait till fall
to slip my full-quill ostrich boots back on and tilt back a beat-up but good OR...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy