Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are the implications of making an Aero Stockman or Cheyenne longer?

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
I wear a 44 long so right off the bat that's about 2" extra in length. The Stockman and Cheyenne always look too short to me so I'd probably want to add another 2" on top of that for a total of 4" extra. Does Aero charge extra for this?

Do any of you have pics where you lengthend the Stockman or Cheyenne?

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
No extra charge on long fittings as long as you don't want a Cheyenne turned into a coat... Jeez, 44 long and you want another 2 inches ? How tall are you?

I'm 6' 3" (190cm). I would want it to at least be below the crotch. IMO, tall people look better in longer cuts when talking about styles such as the Cheyenne or Stockman.
supernatural-leather-jacket__97606_thumb.jpg

Last edited:

JanSolo

Practically Family
I'm 6 ft /183cm and here's a picture of me wearing a modified Cheyenne in size 40 that had actually taken 2 inches off the original length. That's why I thought you must be huge. Are you sure you need the extra length?

Cheyenne-Stockman hybrid in seal veg tanned goatskin:
3509741743_cd74c19b2e_z.jpg

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
I'm 6 ft /183cm and here's a picture of me wearing a modified Cheyenne in size 40 that had actually taken 2 inches off the original length. That's why I thought you must be huge. Are you sure you need the extra length?

Cheyenne-Stockman hybrid in seal veg tanned goatskin:
I thought that was your homeless friend? Aero claims the length of a size 42-44 Stockman is 32" and I'm assuming that does not include the collar. So I'd probably like mine around 35". I like the the proportion of Gijoes but since everyone wears differently waisted pants, it's hard to tell for sure unless the model's arms are at his sides.
img0002a.jpg

Last edited:

Philalethes

A-List Customer
Thanks Lear, you confirmed my suspicions. I guess when Aero says a mid-size Stockman has a back length of 32" they must be including the collar in that measurement.

I don't think they would include the collar in the measurement - I would ask to make sure.

I personally think someone of your height would want more than 32" in a 3/4 length coat - I am getting my Barnstormer 32" long and I am only 5' 9".

Dav

One Too Many
This is a size 40 Cheyenne that measures 32" from the top of the back seam not including the collar, I don't know how long the standard 40 would be as that was how long I requested but judging by what has been said above I assume it must have had an inch or so added. I'm 6' tall and find this a perfect length for driving any longer and I would be sitting on it which I think would make it more restricting.
S1052806.jpg

Last edited:

Lear

One of the Regulars
Some may disagree on this point: adding just 1.5 inches to my cordovan Veste sleeves brings them down to a normal and comfortable length for milder weather wear. There's something about having the shorter length (just off the back of the hand) that seems right for Spring/Autumn. Adding a longer 2.5 inches to my black Veste sleeves gives more cover over the wrists when wearing gloves, and seems more appropriate for those colder months. As it is, they rub slightly on the outward top of my palms; something I'd only tolerate in winter.

Lear

Last edited:

joe240

New in Town
I don't think that the question about Jansolo's coat length got answered. Also besides the length it would be good to have the other dimensions like pit-to-pit, shoulders, and at the waist measurements. It will help in my own ordering process. Thanks!

Dav

One Too Many
I don't think that the question about Jansolo's coat length got answered. Also besides the length it would be good to have the other dimensions like pit-to-pit, shoulders, and at the waist measurements. It will help in my own ordering process. Thanks!
Hi Joe welcome to the lounge.
Can't answer for Jan but my jacket measures
24" pit to pit,
23.5" at the waist just above the pockets seam to seam,
19.5 shoulder seam to shoulder seam,
Hope that helps.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
24" pit to pit,
Hope that helps.

I'll add that this Dav yabbo has been one of the most helpful people on the forum. IIRC he got a Cheyenne size 40 and his actual measures were 41.5" relaxed 43" expanded. Correct me if I'm wrong, Nick.

Last edited:

Dav

One Too Many
I'll add that this Dav yabbo has been one of the most helpful people on the forum. IIRC he got a Cheyenne size 40 and his actual measures were 41.5" relaxed 43" expanded. Correct me if I'm wrong, Nick.
Yes Jack that is correct. Not sure about the yabbo bit though, must be lost in translation somehow :).

Last edited:

joe240

New in Town
24" pit to pit,
Hope that helps.

Hi Nick,
Yes, this info is defintely useful.

Forum statistics