Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you doing.........

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe it's much too early in the game

Aah, but I thought I'd ask you just the same

What are you doing New Year's

New Year's Eve?

Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight

When it's exactly twelve o'clock that night

Welcoming in the New Year

New Year's Eve

Maybe I'm crazy to suppose

I'd ever be the one you chose

Out of a thousand invitations

You received

Aah, but in case I stand one little chance

Here comes the jackpot question in advance:

What are you doing New Year's

New Year's Eve?

(So what ARE ya doin' New Year's Eve??)

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
I generally try to spend a low key New Year's Eve. I always stay up and watch the Times Square thing on the TV, then ring in the New Year with my backyard farm bell. My neighborhood know me as the guy that rings the big bell on New years Eve:)

melankomas

One of the Regulars
i sincerely hope i'll be asleep.

PeeWee said:
My neighborhood know me as the guy that rings the big bell on New years Eve:)

:eek:fftopic: if ever i move to a neighborhood in which people know each other, i intend to be known for something far more cantankerous. lol

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'll be working -- running two shows of "Babel," with Brad Pitt, Cate Blanchett, and a cast of thousands. I suspect I might stop into the pub up the street for a pint of Guinness on the way home -- I'll probably need it after that show. But I haven't been to a real party in ten years....

OldSkoolFrat

A-List Customer
Going out for an early dinner at a Brazillian streak house and then scurrying back to my abode before the drunks take over for amateur night.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I love that song too--my favorite versions are one by Ella Fitzgerald and another by Rufus Wainwright (lovely piano work on the latter).

I will be getting dressed up and going to a restaurant for dinner and champagne with six of my closest friends. Very unusual for me--I'm generally in my nightgown and in bed by 10 pm but I'm turning over a new leaf this year. Should be fun.

TailendCharlie

One of the Regulars
New Years

This eve like those in the past will be spent at home,just me and the Mrs.playing some 78's on the Victrola,dancing and cocktails then dash to the cellar by midnite to avoid the gunfire!
cheers to all
Happy New Year!
Tailend

PeeWee

One of the Regulars
LaMedicine said:
How many times do you ring the bell?
Here, Buddhist temples ring the bell 108 times to ring out the 108 worldy temptations that plagues us humans so we can start with a clean slate.:)

I don't really count, but it's at least a minute's worth. I like the 108 idea better, so it's 108 rings from now on. Thanks

flat-top

I myself will be enjoying a quiet night at home with the family, probably going out to dinner early in the evening. Then, hopefully watch some old movies by the tree. This has been a rough year at work, so I'm gonna take it easy!

RedPop4

One Too Many
We'll be home, my good friend who's in my neighborhood until their new home (old one destroyed by Katrina) is done....we'll have a two house party, possibly with other friends.

Good cigars will be smoked, and some type of good food will be enjoyed as well.

Rosie

One Too Many
In recent years, I've treated New Years as a very spiritual thing. I take assessment of the past year, make a list of things I've learned, things that I'd like to improve, write down the things that caused me pain or upset my life and burn that list. I take a white purifying bath then meditate and pray.

I've been invited out and a friend of mine is having a party but, I'll probably do the alone/spiritual thing.

S

Samsa

I wish I had Rosie's resolve....

But, I will probably be going to a party that a former co-worker is throwing. This is a step up from my usual tradition of going to bed early.

Mike in Seattle

It'll probably be spent here at home...not sure if we'll have some friends in or not...but for some reason, this year, the idea of spending it at Seattle Center (the old World's Fair Grounds where the Space Needle is) among the crowd and watching the fireworks on the Needle seems like a good idea. It's very unlike me. Usually hate being around crowds of drunken revellers and worrying about driving home with all the nuts on the road...

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
Family Tradition

I expect we'll spend New Year's Eve cleaning house. According to my wife's family superstition... er, tradition, if your house is messy on New Year's, it'll be messy all year.

If I get lucky, I can hope the tradition applies to, ahem, marital relations. :whistling:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandkissed