Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you doing.........

GOK

One Too Many
DeeDub said:
If I get lucky, I can hope the tradition applies to, ahem, marital relations. :whistling:

lol :eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap lol

That's the best reply I've read so far! I shall keep my fingers crossed for you, Dee. Oh, and welcome to the Lounge!

I shall be even less sociable than I was at Christmas and shall be firmly ensconced in my home, with a PS2 controller in hand. Perfect! :D

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Mike in Seattle said:
It'll probably be spent here at home...not sure if we'll have some friends in or not...but for some reason, this year, the idea of spending it at Seattle Center (the old World's Fair Grounds where the Space Needle is) among the crowd and watching the fireworks on the Needle seems like a good idea. It's very unlike me. Usually hate being around crowds of drunken revellers and worrying about driving home with all the nuts on the road...

My advice would be to stay away from that area. Chances are you won't see much because of cloud cover/rain, and the frustration from traffic just isn't worth it. Trust me - been there, done that.

The mister and I are likely to go and see a show with three great bands playing here.... if I remember to go and get tickets tonight on my way home!

Archie Goodwin

One of the Regulars
Our Anniversary

New Year's Eve also happens to be our wedding anniversary. Last year we went away for a four day weekend at a snowed-in resort. It was absolutely perfect. This year, we will be at home with our toddler trying to explain that he shouldn't jump on Mommy's tummy, because his sibling is in there.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Archie Goodwin said:
New Year's Eve also happens to be our wedding anniversary. Last year we went away for a four day weekend at a snowed-in resort. It was absolutely perfect. This year, we will be at home with our toddler trying to explain that he shouldn't jump on Mommy's tummy, because his sibling is in there.

....Congratulations:)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Rosie said:
In recent years, I've treated New Years as a very spiritual thing. I take assessment of the past year, make a list of things I've learned, things that I'd like to improve, write down the things that caused me pain or upset my life and burn that list. I take a white purifying bath then meditate and pray. QUOTE]

What a great idea Rosie! I may try to work some of that into New Year's Day.

Kim_B

Practically Family
We will be going to my Aunt & Uncle's house for dinner...my Uncle and cousin are wonderful chefs and always make something delish! Not sure how long we'll stay there - hopefully long enough to ring in the New Year!

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I'll do my partying on Friday night. There's a wonderful bar/restaurant down the street from me that has a fantastic happy hour (plus I got a gift card for there as a Christmas gift). Sunday night as a party night just doesn't appeal to me so I'll probably veggie in front of the tv.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
scotrace said:
Now I have to check out those versions.

I've been digging the Harry Connick Jr. rendition.

You can hear Ella here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-G1GZ2E5kA

Rufus sang the song on a GAP commercial but don't listen to that version, it's truncated and inferior. The one I like is on the CD The McGarrigle Christmas Hour. If I were more tech savvy maybe I could upload it, but I am not so I cannot.

The Connick version is lovely. I've been listening to his album Only You quite a bit lately--some of my favorite songs are on that one (More, The Very Thought of You, You Don't Know Me, etc.) but his version of For Once in My Life is the standout I think--great arrangement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmlTWtPyldw.

$ally

One Too Many
I have the Henry Mancini Orchestra medley of "What are you doing/Auld Lang Syne". It's a cute arrangement.

We're attending a private party this NYE. The huge public events mean spending money, dealing with traffic, and drunks, so I'm glad we were invited to a ball instead.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
I'll be spending New Years with my bf. We'll go out for dinner and then meet up with some other couples at his place for drinks. It's better being home instead of driving around when you know there are going to be crazy drivers that night.

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I am going to a 60's 70's and 80's party this weekend. My outfit and hair are approx 1957 but that's the best one can hope for from me. :)

On New Years Eve I am going to my sister's work party if I can.

zaika

One Too Many
i love that song!! :D
i'll be by myself, as usual. probably drinking myself into oblivion on my step-sister's homemade kaluha (sp?), drunk-knitting...which can produce some nice stuff. lol

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I'll be at Symphony Space in Manhattan. My GF is playing in the NY Gilbert and Sullivan Players' New Year's Eve Gala they have there every year. Much fun, and more patter songs than you can shake a stick at.

zaika

One Too Many
dhermann1 said:
I'll be at Symphony Space in Manhattan. My GF is playing in the NY Gilbert and Sullivan Players' New Year's Eve Gala they have there every year. Much fun, and more patter songs than you can shake a stick at.

now THAT sounds like fun. if i were in NY, i'd totally go. lol

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I have no clue.

Unfortunately, I feel like I'm coming down with my third cold in as many months. That's really odd, for me, as I rarely catch colds. Maybe it'll be gone by the 31st and I can do something. One can hope! :)

Lee

panamag8or

Practically Family
I'll be near Orlando for NYE, but I'm going to bed sort of early. I have the Gator's bowl game the next day... that's my party.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart