Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you doing.........

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
Not sure where I'm headed yet...:eek: I have three options: drive an hour to the coast for a party with school chums, head to my friend's house for the evening (still up in the air as to whether he's still throwing a bash), or put myself in a nasty funk if those first plans don't work and I have to stay at home!

Best of wishes for the new year to you all...

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
sweetfrancaise said:
Not sure where I'm headed yet...:eek: I have three options: drive an hour to the coast for a party with school chums, head to my friend's house for the evening (still up in the air as to whether he's still throwing a bash), or put myself in a nasty funk if those first plans don't work and I have to stay at home!

Best of wishes for the new year to you all...

Looks like I'll be taking your third option. Except for the nasty funk part, since going out for New Years Eve is something I rarely do anyway. lol

Lee

patrick1987

One of the Regulars
I'll be working like mad, by my choice, to get plenty of tips as I need to earn lots of money before classes start again.

MaryDeluxe

Practically Family
KilroyCD said:
I might just go into the neighboring town of Strasburg, where I'm told they will be dropping hunreds of ping pong balls on the crowd at midnight. At least I hope they're ping pong balls, as my neighbor said a coworker thought it was to be golf balls! :eek: :eek:

PING PONG balls!!! Well, I might have to check that out! That was always my favorite part of "captain kangaroo". :D They drop the weirdest stuff at midnight around these here parts! lol

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Pour one for me, Miss N -- that sounds like a swell idea.

As for me, I shall be doing exactly what I did last year -- working to entertain the great Midcoast Maine filmgoeing public. Assuming, of course, that tonight's show doesn't get snowed out.

I shall also be working first thing tomorrow morning -- we have a matinee simulcast of the Metropolitan Opera at 1pm, and I'll need to climb up on the roof of the theatre and clean the snow out of the satellite dish.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We decided to stay away from the big shows this year. (Last year was the final straw... no place to sit but by a garbage can at the end of a bar, afraid to stand up or dance for fear of losing our seats - and that was arriving at 7:30!) Instead, I bought two lovely ribeyes, two big potatoes, and have some broccoli on hand. Dinner at home, followed by a four block journey to a park that overlooks the Space Needle for the fireworks show. If we work it right, we'll be cozy in the car instead of out in the 20 degree weather they're predicting.

Happy New Year, everyone!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
Far away from the Strip and Downtown as humanly possible aka my sisters house lol It's a step up from previous years sitting at home with my youngest who always falls asleep and I have to wake up so she can see the fireworks. (at least from were we live we can see the firework show that goes on on the strip, a wonderful view).
Like others, getting drunk, since I don't have work tomorrow.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Miss Neecerie said:
I think my plans involve getting drunk in my living room...then pretending life is grand...even if its just for a few hours.

Then sleep.

Sounds good to me, Miss N! I think I'll join you & Lizzie in a shooter! I'm debating if I should toss back a couple Martinis now, or wait till midnight for a little champage. Yes, I know - answer "C" - all of the above - is probably the correct one. The Fred & Ginger marathon ends in this house in 9 minutes - Mars Rising starts another session of reruns and my partner's been wanting to see that for ages, so I may make a market run to get some more munchies to tie us over.

And Babydoll - we did something similar the 2nd year up here. Friends were in town and one knew someone who knew someone who owned a restaurant (Cafe Sabika) on Capitol Hill, so it was an evening of about 1/3 of those attending taking a turn singing opera between and during all the various courses of food (not me!), and we all went out front shortly before midnight because we had a perfect view of the Needle. Was one of the best New Years Eves I've ever spent.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I'm doing something mildly vintage and that I've never done before: I just put Lawrence of Arabia in the DVD player. :D

Lee

I corrently have a black screen with music playing. :)

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Done for 2007

Just the usual for me.
Made the traditional Year End Watch " TOSHIKOSHI SOBA" noodle dinner (soba symbolizes long life) and sat down with family.
Afterwards, I wandered out to meet with friends and pop some crackers and champagne bottles at the stroke of midnight in our favorite jazz club.
07-08NYE.jpg

HAPPY 2008, EVERYONE !!

KilroyCD

One Too Many
MaryDeluxe said:
PING PONG balls!!! Well, I might have to check that out! That was always my favorite part of "captain kangaroo". :D They drop the weirdest stuff at midnight around these here parts! lol
Well, they had a few teething problems there tonight. First, the Master of Ceremonies didn't do a countdown, then the ping pong balls that were supposed to be shot into the crowd using a leaf blower just kind of cascaded down the side of the building, bouncing off the awning and into a very small portion of the crowd. lol All very anticlimactic, if you ask me. Maybe next year they'll the bugs worked out...:p

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Very uneventful...

Thankfully uneventfull!!

Spent the evening celebrating our triplet's birthday, then stopped by our friends to see our adopted family from the Army....

Needless to say, they're really the best folks I've ever met. And my kids were all very good!

Now my missus is crashed and I'm watching season one of Phillip Marlow PI from the old HBO series with Powers Booth.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
It all began 15 years ago, when 3 boys began school in the same class.
We - the parents - met for the first time and it has grown into a long and great friendship.
We travel together, dine together now and then, the fathers took the sons on canooing trips every summer etc.
And we celeberate New Year together. Without "the boys" now.
They have their own agenda;)

Akubra Man

One of the Regulars
I am alone this year with my children spending it with my ex and her family. I have been invited by a friend to a local seniors home for a dinner with his mom and to visit with the folks there. Many of these people have nothing to do or no one to visit them. I will bring a pen and a note book with me and take down some of their histories. Many of these seniors have led very interesting lives.... lived through WW2, the Korean conflict, the great depression of the 1930's, homesteaded and broke free government land, lived under the the communist rule in the old Soviet Union before immigrating to Canada, and the like. I have an interest in the first hand accounts of people that have lived history. Often referred to as the greatest generation they have some amazing life histories to share. It is going to be an interesting evening.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart