Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you watching?

Novella

Practically Family
JazzBaby said:
I'm also reminiscing on my childhood by watching 'Are You Afraid of the Dark' on YouTube.

Oh, I was just doing that the other week on youtube! That's such a fun show. :)

I don't have a TV right now, but I watch Heroes, The Office, and Gilmore Girls online sometimes.

Jovan

Suspended
Dapper Dan said:
Ah, an excellent one. I introduced it to some of my friends the other day, to mutual delight. Nobody makes 'em like Billy Wilder.
I figured this forum would appreciate it. :) I saw another with Jack Lemmon, The Apartment from the same year. The mentality of it is somewhat dated now, but overall it's pretty good. (I loved the club collar and collar bar worn by Lemmon.)

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Jovan said:
I figured this forum would appreciate it. :) I saw another with Jack Lemmon, The Apartment from the same year. The mentality of it is somewhat dated now, but overall it's pretty good. (I loved the club collar and collar bar worn by Lemmon.)

Both brilliant movies. I'd watch anything with Lemmon. But I have so say 'Some Like it Hot' is one of my favourite movies ever. The script is just flawless.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At this moment I'm watching "Mrs. Parker and The Vicious Circle".
Before the two hour special "24" starts I'm hoping to have the chance to put on "Bright Young Things". This has to be one of my top all time favorite modern movies. I won't get into what it's about, for there is an entire thread on it. To learn more check out this thread.

Just got 'I Dream of Jeannie' Season One. Though I loved it as a kid, of course as an adult it's an utterly ridiculous premise. So how is this show so damn funny? It just comes down to great comic acting. Larry Hagman, Hayden Rourke, Bill Daily. (and Good Lord, I had forgot what a knockout Barara Eden was) They made the unbelievable believable. Like Green Acres, way ahead of its time.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A host of documentaries.

The Scottsboro Boys and American Tragedy
The Life of Emmit Till
Beyond the Color Line (life of African Americans since the Civil Rights Movement)
Africans in America
4 Little Girls
When the Leeves Broke

I think you can see a theme :rolleyes:

LD

Jovan

Suspended
JazzBaby said:
Both brilliant movies. I'd watch anything with Lemmon. But I have so say 'Some Like it Hot' is one of my favourite movies ever. The script is just flawless.
I figured, since you have a picture of Marilyn Monroe as your avatar. :p

52Styleline

A-List Customer
When I do watch TV, it is primarily the History Channel. Recently, I have been watching the old "Victory at Sea" series.

I seldom watch movies on TV but over the weekend a friend, knowing I enjoyed the books tremendously, loaned me the recent movie version of "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". I don't think I have ever been more disappointed in a movie interpretation of a book I like. Did the scriptwriters even get past the first few pages of the book?:rage:

Lancealot

Practically Family
52Styleline said:
I seldom watch movies on TV but over the weekend a friend, knowing I enjoyed the books tremendously, loaned me the recent movie version of "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". I don't think I have ever been more disappointed in a movie interpretation of a book I like. Did the scriptwriters even get past the first few pages of the book?:rage:

I couldn't agree more.:rage:

Jovan

Suspended
It had better special effects, and the puppetry was well done in an era where a lot of directors seem to think CGI is the best thing ever. Overall though, I enjoyed the BBC miniseries much more.

RedPop4

One Too Many
lindylady said:
I don't watch too much television, except for the news, weather, and traffic report as I get ready in the mornings. That and the Discovery Channel. I am absolutely hooked on one show called Dirty Jobs. Has anyone seen this? The host Mike Rowe is an absolute whip-smart riot!
My boys and I really enjoy Dirty Jobs!!! We'll compromise as a family and watch that, MythBusters and Overhaulin'

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
JazzBaby said:
I saw that documentary years ago. It was very hard-hitting and upsetting.

I know!
What killed me was the woman who accused them of rape, later on when NBC did a tv drama of it, she sued NBC and won money for deformation of character! Disgusting!

LD

Dapper Dan

One of the Regulars
"I figured this forum would appreciate it. I saw another with Jack Lemmon, The Apartment from the same year. The mentality of it is somewhat dated now, but overall it's pretty good. (I loved the club collar and collar bar worn by Lemmon.)"

I like how he cooks Shirley spaghetti on a tennis racket.

As for "Hitchhiker's," Douglas Adams didn't believe in literal translations. The books weren't the original sources; rather, the "Fits" radio series were. There are a lot of differences between the radio series and the books. Also, Adams was the one who wrote the first draft of the film's screenplay, including introducing the character of Humma Kavula. I, too, was a little disapointed by the movie, but I think it would have been boring to see my perceptions of the books ripped apart by a film version.

Also, Zooey Deschanel is hyper cute.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Live TV:
How I Met Your Mother
Studio 60
House
The Office

Current rented/borrowed DVDs:
Wrongfully Accused
Richard Pryor Live on the Sunset Strip
Papillon
The Getaway
Arrested Development Season One

Steve

Practically Family
Recently watched DVDs:
The Maltese Falcon
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Jurassic Park

Television:
Hogan's Heroes, Season Five

To watch in the near future (Basically my Netflix Queue):
Gremlins
His Girl Friday
Signs
Dracula
(w/ Bela Lugosi)
The Day the Earth Stood Still

And I really need to find a good print of The Third Man to add to my growing collection of vintage films.

Dapper Dan

One of the Regulars
Steve said:
And I really need to find a good print of The Third Man to add to my growing collection of vintage films.

Shell out for the Criterion Collection version. It's probably $30 - $40 new, but you can get it used off of eBay for less. It's a hefty price, I know, but it's the best print you can possibly get. Absolutely beautiful, and, as people may have gathered from other posts, one of my all-time favorites.

Trickeration

Practically Family
Just finished Out West With The Hardy's, number 5 of the 16 Andy Hardy films. I have them all on VHS and am transfering them to DVD as I watch.

TV is usually TCM, but they've had some newer stuff on lately that I had no interest in. Twilight Zone is good. My son and I just watched the episode with William Shatner and the gremlin on the wing of the plane. Chris is 13, but it still gave him the creepies about something looking in his bedroom window that night. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy