What are you wearing today??

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by moustache, Nov 21, 2006.

1. cpdv

cpdv One of the Regulars

My high waisted Norfolk jacket Devon cap and a new bowtie from Christmas and I'm listening to the Charleston.
    [​IMG]

2. Dinerman

Dinerman Super Moderator Bartender

Out to lunch with a friend.
    [​IMG]

3. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

Well, I'm happy it was the shotgun lol I have two trucks, no pump shotguns until now!

Pics or it didn't happen.

That's what originally drew me to it, the receiver is a lot like the A5, which is my favorite shotgun.

4. Giftmacher

Giftmacher One Too Many

Lovely pics Miss Slapstick! Always good to see Your posts!

5. Two Types

Two Types I'll Lock Up

Outfit for a pointless trip across London to collect a lost mobile phone - since I spent most of the day standing out in the cold on station platforms waiting for trains that didn't exist, I had chosen the right outfit (submariner sweater, Levis jacket, reproduction WW2 British Army leather jerkin):
    [​IMG]

6. bluerelish

bluerelish New in Town

i agree with you..i like that.. :)

7. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Practically Family

That's a cracking suit, squire! I dream of finding a tweed rig in my size...

8. Pinesiw

Pinesiw A-List Customer

Cozy in cord, sheepskin shopping :)
    [​IMG]

9. esteban68

esteban68 Call Me a Cab

Great look TT, I have a RAF blue lined one from between the wars? so I was told and often wear it when selling at car boors/fairs etc or even working in the garden.... if I can't avoid it!

Mr B I was very lucky getting it last year in a relatively new localish charity shop it was just being put out on the peg...a steal at the £15? I paid...couldn't get out of the shop quick enough, only needed the sleeves taking up an inch, the waist could really do with taking in an inch or two also but hitched up under a waistcoat you can't really tell.... I love it, great cut and weight and the colour is magnificent in my eyes then I am biased.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  10. The corncob is more like the model 12 but I can see the receiver being like the A5.

11. Two Types

Two Types I'll Lock Up

Miss Slapstick, you remind me of Sally Gray, seen here in 'Cheer Up' (1936):
    [​IMG]

12. Quigley Brown

Quigley Brown Call Me a Cab

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

13. cpdv

cpdv One of the Regulars

that is uncanny!

14. dh66

dh66

Amazing lot of good looks folks. All nice outfits miss S. I really like the shot outside the theatre. Great atmosphere.
    Q.Brown that is a perfect look. The jacket is fantastic as is the lid (stratoliner?). The whole look is so well put together.
    Also great shot Dinerman.
    Cpdv, Tommy, pinesiw all looking good over the holiday.
    Happy new year to all

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

15. Sylvesterd

Sylvesterd Familiar Face

RW - where did you visit in Philadelphia? Did you find any vintage attractions ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16. Dinerman

Late 1950s/early 1960s "Fashion Tailored" suit, 1950s "Custom Imperial" overcoat, late 1950s "Burma Bibas" tie, Berg fedora, modern Florsheim "Gaffney" spectator boots.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  17. dh66

dh66

Very nice. The overcoat is spectacular!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

18. esteban68

esteban68 Call Me a Cab

S
    looking slick!

19. Hal

Hal Practically Family

A really excellent ensemble, not that we would expect anything else from you! It's a bit difficult to see the hat. Your overcoat looks as if the fabric is rather lightweight - as if it were a spring or autumn coat. But I've long been of the opinion that lightweight wool topcoats for the transitional seasons have been missing for many years and deserve reinstatement.

20. Dinerman

Yesterday was in the 40s, so it was a bit warm for one of my heavier coats. It's kind of unusual, heavily corded blue wool twill- not what you usually see with a Chesterfield collar.

Here's the hat- I mistyped, it's a Berg, not a Bond. From the 1920s, but with the dimensions, works well with the rest of the late '50s stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]