Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Gijoe

A-List Customer
Christmas Trip in the Mountains
- Gatsby Cap
- Norfolk Jacket
- Nigel Cabourn Vest
. Lofgren Shirt
- Bungundy Wool Tie
- Universal Works Windjacket
- US WWII Officers "Pinks"
More Pics : https://picasaweb.google.com/VEREINBRO/Saentis25Dezember2013?authuser=0&feat=directlink

edqs.jpg

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Very nice! Handsome looking velour. Mrs. DH has some boots like that. She loves'em.

Cheers chap! VERY glad to have got the correct US size for Mrs Badger's boots, she's between UK sizes so it's always tricky!

The velour's really nice, apparently made by the same Czech hatters (the oldest extant in Europe) who do Stetson Europe's titfers... here's a slightly better view of it, down t'pub at lunchtime – my friend who took it used the caption "[Mrs Badger] and her spiv husband"! It's a fair cop!

1454546_10152131655485987_527454276_n.jpg

Congrats on the right size my friend. I know from this side what a b*tch it can be getting the size conversions right, and add trans-Atlantic shipping is insult to injury if they don't fit.
You're both looking great in your outfits today. Congrats again on the new hat.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Boinciel

New in Town
1950incincinnati.JPG

Pretty darn sure a Lounge member sold this suit on eBay about a month ago. My mother got it for me for a Christmas present. Dated to July 18, 1950; made to measure for John L. Chelsea by P. H. Davis, Cincinnati. I added vintage suspender buttons to the pants (although they fit absolutely perfectly in the seat and the leg after sacrificing the cuffs), and it's in wonderfully wearable condition. Used beeswax on the zip, and it works beautifully. Might have the hole in the pants dealt with by a re-weaver sometime, but my shoddy repair to it should be good enough for now.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
great looks there Joe and Mr Badger, here's mine from yesterday taken by a mate 'at the local' , trousers are fuller than suggested.....not the best shot but hey it was Christmas and we'd had a few jars!
mja1z7.jpg

50's-60's ginger tweed suit by Mairi Macintyre of Oban, Fort William, waistcoat a Gurteen item, 'Four Way' tie retailed by E & G Wilson, Killin, Scotland, brogue boots Loakes Bedales.

Last edited:

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
Stearman, nice gun but I really like that Indian behind you! Where did you find it??

Boinciel, great taste man! Looking very GQ!

esteban68, Very Dapper dude! LOVE THE COLORS!!!

gear-guy

Practically Family
great looks there Joe and Mr Badger, here's mine from yesterday taken by a mate 'at the local' , trousers are fuller than suggested.....not the best shot but hey it was Christmas and we'd had a few jars!
mja1z7.jpg

50's-60's ginger tweed suit by Mairi Macintyre of Oban, Fort William, waistcoat a Gurteen item, 'Four Way' tie retailed by E & G Wilson, Killin, Scotland, brogue boots Loakes Bedales.

Great look, love the outfit,shoes and pint. Nice

I'm all about that plaid suit esteban68. Looks perfect with the waistcoat and shoes.

Very suave boinciel.

6atygura.jpg

Here's a (bad) shot in the dark of my new pendleton shirt in plaid pattern reproduced from their 1954 catalog. Can't see it in the pic but I'm wearing cuffed up levis and 50s style redwing hunting boots (877s) to round out my 1950s beer hunting look.

Tom I forgot to tell you how much I dig the vintage outdoorsman look you are rocking. You could be in the 1953 l.l.bean catalog.
Safe holidays, and good luck with the ducks

I reckon it works better than a suit for a fella who works in a factory the majority of his life lol

Thanks and a safe Holiday season to you, as well!

Tom I forgot to tell you how much I dig the vintage outdoorsman look you are rocking. You could be in the 1953 l.l.bean catalog.
Safe holidays, and good luck with the ducks

Miss Slapstick

New in Town
What I've been wearing lately :eek:

My Christmas dress ..1930s, bakelite buttons..

1930s taffeta gown.

1930s day dress with bakelite buttons.

Opera Coat outside the cinema in Tromsø - Christmas Eve

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider