Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Dinerman, may I ask about the building in the background? Any idea of its history? The reason I ask is that I'm just now preparing a course in Gothic literature and studying the work of the Gothic Revivalist architect Pugin in England. It looks very similar to some of his work (sorry to go off-topic).

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
That's Montana Hall, formerly known as, "Old Main", on the campus of Montana State University. Built in 1896, designed by architect J.C. Paulsen.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 7347
It was a pretty cold night for Los Angeles. I was hanging out with my neighbor and she couldn't resist taking a photo.

Solid, fellow Angeleno. It does get pretty cool in L.A. in winter.

From today: Borsalino fedora, orphaned suit jacket from A. R. Donghia, Private Tailor, Vandergrift, PA; Brent tie; Brooks Bros. shirt; Nordstrom's trousers.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
I tried the late 20s wide leg young mans look again yesterday. I feel that I have to be in the right mood for those trousers. And it is certainly the wrong time of year for white bucks but oh well did it anyways!

JAMEISTERISLORD

New in Town
kyjVB9T.jpg

I tried the late 20s wide leg young mans look again yesterday. I feel that I have to be in the right mood for those trousers. And it is certainly the wrong time of year for white bucks but oh well did it anyways!

Great outfit - jacket, pants and bucks are fantastic and are nicely complimented by your seasonally color-apropriate sweater and tie. I read somewhere that there was a time when men wore white bucks with grey flannels in the winter - it might have been a Yale thing during the Ivy hey-day, but my memory of the picture was that it looked quite smart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider