Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

HamilcarBarca3

One of the Regulars
Nice attire, guys :)

Wore this new zoot to church.. Found out that buttoning the jacket the other way reduces the collar gap.

QY0fd2N.jpg

Might need a few alterations too.

Boinciel

New in Town
Late 1940's bold look three-piece double breasted suit! $26 at an antique store. Tie is 1930s, shirt is a detachable collar number from Luxire.

late40sboldlookfrombelow.JPG

late40sboldlookbrickwall.JPG

late40sboldlookup.JPG

late40sboldlookstairs.JPG

late40sboldlookpants.JPG

late40sboldlookvanity.JPG

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Splendid suit (especially for $26). I like the colour of the buttons. Can't go wrong with the Luxire shirt. Nice, simple choice of tie. (Not sure about the shoes though!)

Boinciel

New in Town
The bowling shoes were because this was taken at a dance party. They don't belong with a three-piece suit to be sure, but they're great on the dancefloor.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
@boinciel

Very good suit you got there. Even with waistcoat! Not bad at all!

@hamilcarbarca

Great suit (though not a zoot).
Note that with this buttoning it is on the ladies side.
If you want to adjust the ¨chest opening¨ iron the lapels accordingly (with a damp cloth to prevent shine).

Christopher Scoggins

New in Town
That's a swell photo you've got there, avedwards! That's an absolutely timeless suit you're sporting there. I dig it.

Here's what I wore today. The only vintage clothing in this shot is the tie, and I'm pretty sure it's a newer vintage. I'm also sporting newer vintage Florsheim loafers, but you can't see 'em.
View attachment 12655
The waistcoat is really the only thing worth mentioning. It's a Ralph Lauren, but not RRL. picked it up for a song last time I was in El Paso. The shirt is an old Austin Clothing Company piece. Don't bother looking for them, 'cause they just make school uniforms now. The pants are inexpensive Dockers khakis.

Mercer

One of the Regulars
Today's outfit:

LL Bean/Levi's 505/Wrangler (belt)/Red Wing Heritage 8146

Not shown are North Face (gray and black fleece pullover) and SmartWool (thick gray hiking socks).

Last edited:

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
For the past couple of months, my design professor has been telling me that I need to bring back the classic architect bow tie and round glasses look.

Dinerman, apart from being an all around snappy dresser, you're one of my favourite posters in this thread because you always infuse a sense of fun and whimsy into your wardrobe. I get the impression you're probably a blast to hang around with! Bravo, sir!

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
To Mass this morning: Oxford grey serge d/b jacket with wide peaked lapels, striped trousers, white tunic shirt, point collar, narrow gold satin tie, pearl pin, gold sunburst cuflinks, black hose, chisel-toe Oxfords, also black, black Stetson homburg.

Hyena Stomp

One of the Regulars
Perhaps not the best picture of my outfit, but the photo-op was vintagey anyway, so I thought I'd post. Taken at Crescent Park Carousel, one of the finest carousels in the country located in Riverside, RI, hand-carved by Charles Loof (same gent who built the one at the Santa Monica pier.) Crescent Park is by far his best, however!!

crescentpark2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk