Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Christopher Scoggins

New in Town
I won best dressed at my high school a few months back and wanted to share the photo, excuse the bad quality. I'm wearing a 1940's brown wool tie, a white cotton dress shirt, 1930's collar pin, modern red v-neck sweater, a 1945 Naval Cadet Blazer, red duck pattern socks, cordovan loafers, and grey pinstripe trousers. I thought it made for a nice fall outfit. Feedback appreciated.

Hey, another guy my age! Nice to meet you! My school hasn't vote for school-wide superlatives yet, but my friends says that I've got best-dressed in the bag. Even if I don't get that, I still have won best dressed for Band superlatives three years running (But, really, it's band. That's not really saying much, if you catch my drift.).

I suppose I should post a picture to substantiate my claims? Here one from my senior game late last year. I'm on the left, in the blue suit. To the right of my is my best friend, in the grey suit. I actually helped him pick out that suit, and yes, it fits him terribly, but that's not my fault, the guy's so tall and lanky, he's got to run around the shower to get wet!

View attachment 22448

That outfit is mostly a '90s affair. '90s suit, '90s tie, (probably) '90s shirt. My barely visible tie clip is a vintage Swank, and my unseen quarter-brogue oxfords appear to be much older then the '90s (But I know next to nothing about shoes), I was wearing a '50s fedora earlier that night, but I took it off to be polite, at it was something of a formal event. So I ended trying to take a '90s outfit and filter it though the '50s. I think it worked.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I won best dressed at my high school a few months back and wanted to share the photo, excuse the bad quality. I'm wearing a 1940's brown wool tie, a white cotton dress shirt, 1930's collar pin, modern red v-neck sweater, a 1945 Naval Cadet Blazer, red duck pattern socks, cordovan loafers, and grey pinstripe trousers. I thought it made for a nice fall outfit. Feedback appreciated.
View attachment 22446

Nice. I do like those navy blazers.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Picked up this nice coat from old navy, I remember seeing some old 30's catalogs with this style coat which inspired me to pick this up. It's a great match to my flannel trousers and my Cordova Normandy cap

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
Thanks dude! With a collared shirt and tie this would probably be my dressiest of outfits haha

Nothing wrong with that! Still far more formal than the dressiest outfit most guys where today. Not to mention the fact that good fitting, more casual clothes always look more dapper than a poor fitting suit with cheap dress shoes.

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
What I am going to wear this afternoon/evening:

- British 40's navy Pinstripe DB
- German 40's grey Homburg
- German 30's silver and red herringbone silk tie
- German 30's white spearpoint collar shirt
- German 30's silver cuff links

Of course with black shoes.

todo.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up this nice coat from old navy, I remember seeing some old 30's catalogs with this style coat which inspired me to pick this up. It's a great match to my flannel trousers and my Cordova Normandy cap

Oddly, Old Navy always seems to have several vintage inspired items at incredibly low prices. Recently, I picked up a 100% cotton, medium weight, grey sweatshirt from them that looks straight out of the 1950s. Over the years, I've bought some shirts, sweaters, chinos and bucks that all have a very vintage feel. While, once in awhile, the stuff has worn out quickly, most of it is still going strong after several years and the prices (especially on the occurs-regularly sale) are silly low. It's kind of a secret little vintage-inspired store to keep your eye on (of course, you have to wade through a bunch of non-vintage-inspired stuff to find the good stuff).

And that is a nice jacket and outfit overall (love the trousers).

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Thanks! You mention old navy and low prices, as matter of fact I picked this jacket up on Boxing Day %50 off $20 so that was an extra bonus. There were two other vintage looking coats on the rack as well so I think old navy will now be on my list of stores to browse in when I'm on the city

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I have no picture, but I wore my cowboy hat, a tan Akubra Snowy River, with jeans, a green plaid flannel shirt, a bolo tie, and a goatskin Wested Raiders of the Lost Ark jacket. I was coming back from a trip to the mountains.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Fastuni,

Great outfit. Love the way the shape of the collar harmonizes with the shape of the lapel. Spearpoints and peaks play nicely together! And that tie pattern is lovely.

Classic, Big Man!

d6860d149dd74f43e41b75d73e1894eb.jpg

Wore this vintage Curlee Sportswear jacket today. I got this last spring, but down here it's not often cool enough to wear it. It's the only true vintage jacket I have. 50 long is a hard size to come up with.
6f3f3ce385fd0b414ece889ab1eb215d.jpg

I wore these shoes to match my shirt.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think once you get bigger than about a 44 reg. it's over with.

My Dad was a big man. He always had a hard time finding clothing that fit. I remember back in the 1950s and 1960s he traded with The Man's Store in Asheville, NC. He had a standing order with them to set aside any suit they got in a 56 extra long. They would get one in his size on a rare occasion, usually in "casket gray" as he would like to say.

My Dad was a big man. He always had a hard time finding clothing that fit. I remember back in the 1950s and 1960s he traded with The Man's Store in Asheville, NC. He had a standing order with them to set aside any suit they got in a 56 extra long. They would get one in his size on a rare occasion, usually in "casket gray" as he would like to say.

lol lol I like Casket grey. It goes with every casket lining :p

TSP13

Familiar Face

todo.jpg

So unspeakably classic. It's all business, but so elegant. It's got flair, it doesn't blend in with the other navy suits and conservative ties. :eusa_clap

Two Types

I'll Lock Up

todo.jpg

Splendid outfit: Were you going somewhere nice?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ