What are you wearing today??

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by moustache, Nov 21, 2006.

1. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

That's a beautiful blazer, how I envy those lapels. This is a much more modern take in a similar vein:
    hats 056.JPG

This blazer too, provokes the sin of covet. Mine, although similar, is nowhere near the classic design of your's. I will post a photo wearing it when my wife finishes the wide bottom white trousers that she's making to go with it.
    blazer2.jpg

johnnycanuck, Edward, PeterB and 8 others like this.
  2. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Like those shoes.:)

3. Claudio

Claudio Vendor

you look stunning there GHT!

Redfokker likes this.
  4. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Redfokker likes this.
  5. LolitaHaze

LolitaHaze Call Me a Cab

Hotdog, @GHT!! That's one sharp outfit!

Redfokker likes this.
  6. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

So many kind compliments, grateful thanks.
    This shirt depicts all the Art Deco styles of the era, it gets so many remarks and compliments. My wife bought it in an end of the roll sale. There was a generous oddment left after she made the shirt, seeing one of my bow ties, looking unloved and frayed, she carefully unpicked the stitching, retained the lining stiffener, used the old tie as a template and made me a unique bow tie from the shirt oddment, how I love it.
    shirts 145.JPG hats 068.jpg

7. fabiovenhorst

fabiovenhorst One Too Many

Yesterday's 94762085_4137575342943606_4229138727391199232_o.jpg

8. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

At present, we have strict rules about going out. It's known as: 'Lockdown,' but I prefer the term: House arrest. We need some grocery and other provisions so we ventured out today. The rules don't say that you have to dress down, nor do they say you have to drive a modern car. We got lots of compliments, and so did our lovely old MG:
    Christchurch quay 006.JPG Christchurch quay 002.JPG

Hapi, johnnycanuck, Edward and 7 others like this.
  9. Redfokker

Redfokker

Going to the store is an event nowadays. I always dress up. I salute you and your lovely wife. And of course, I am in love with the MG anytime I see it.

PeterB likes this.
  10. Redfokker

Redfokker

Day 3 of 31: Beginning a series of European hats for a week. I have more than that so I'll have to be selective. Today is a German Homburg made by Mayser Milz. It is a very dark navy blue, almost black. The finish is not quite velour, feels soft and supple. The Homburg is a style that will continue to be produced even today, class never goes out of style. My connection with the Netherlands, Stefan Steur sent me this one a couple of months ago. Wonderful hats these, German construction of the 1980s (possible dating on this one) is far, far superior to our current productions.

3May20 Mayser Milz side 550x.jpg 3May20 Mayser Milz liner 550x.jpg 3May20 Mayser Milz sweat 550x.jpg 3May20 Mayser Milz side 600x.jpg 3May20 Mayser Milz brim 570x.jpg 3May20 Mayser Milz brim 550x.jpg

11. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

No it won't, The Homburg is very stylish and being navy, you give the hat added gravitas, when worn with such aplomb. Your distinguished outfit suits the hat and vice versa.

PeterB and Redfokker like this.
  12. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

My sad story; I am wearing today the same thing I wore yesterday and the day before....my hoodie and sweat pants. I ventured out for groceries yesterday and just added my sandals. Maybe when this lockdown is over I will actually get dressed up.

Redfokker likes this.
  13. Redfokker

Redfokker

Day 4 of 31 hat parade. Keeping with a European theme, I take us to the British Isles. This Penn Craft from the early 1960s is an example of what hat collectors call a "stingy". Hats with brims less than 2" became very popular during this era. Think Mad Men or the Rat Pack! The Penn Craft brand goes back to the 1930s in the US. Stetson owned the name and sold it for production in the UK.
    31Mar18 Penn Craft front.jpg 31Mar18 Penn Craft side.jpg 12Sep18 Penn Craft logo 400x.jpg 28Oct18 Penn Craft Liner 450x.jpg

14. Redfokker

Redfokker

Going out to the grocery store has become such an event that I dress in a suit and my best hat to go into the wasteland. The kid at Safeway looks for my outfits. He was confused when I went in there in jeans and a t-shirt the other day!

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  15. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I am thinking if the weather were warmer I could go nude....wearing the mask gives me high degree of invisibility ...well or at least anonymity.

Short Balding Guy and Redfokker like this.
  16. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Don't, please don't, if like me, you have reached a certain age, you will look at your body in the mirror and think: "Definitely wants ironing!"

17. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

Ironing and shrinking!

Short Balding Guy and Redfokker like this.
  18. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Keep the hats coming Red, looking good my friend. Today would have been a huge street celebration at Poole Quay to mark the surrender of Nazi Germany, a day that we now call VE, or Victory in Europe, day. Poole was one of the many ports that the Allied soldiers embarked from, for what became known as The D Day Landings. So much time, effort and money had been invested over the last fifteen months or so, planning of this event, then in March it was realised just how serious the corona virus is and, regrettably, the party was cancelled.

I have been texting the friends that would have been going to those celebrations, all of them are doing much the same as Tina & I, getting dressed up and partying in their gardens. So, what to wear? I thought of wearing the suit that is a replica of my Dad's demob suit, but Tina said it was a bit staid for partying. Staid? Me? Well let her call this suit staid. (Only joking dear.)

zoot suit riot.jpg

19. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Various quarantine looks I plan to wear out once I can. 1930s and 1970s. 001.jpg 70s.jpg

20. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

PeterB and Amy Jeanne like this.