What are you wearing today??

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by moustache, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

^^^One Christmas party memorable enforced sweater suggestion crashed against an office
    water cooler coup d'état that resulted in complete cancellation of said festive yuletide cheer.
    And I was gonna wear my Chicago Bears sweatshirt. Unbearable.:(

2. DrMacabre

DrMacabre One of the Regulars

Hello everyone, today i'm wearing a Bronson 1930 double knees duck canvas pants with my favorite Pendleton vintage wool shirt. i was looking for a Carhartt duck pants but my size was sold out. I can give you a little comparison with Carhartt duck canvas since i have one of their bib overall in unwashed duck. Despite Bronson advertising their pants to be 14oz, they are less thick and rigid than the unwashed 12oz from Carhartt but it is still a great pants if you are into high waist and suspenders.

_MG_3780-2_Luminar4-edit.jpg

3. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

baggies 003.JPG
    I'm loving your high waisted look.
    My wife has made me a number of pairs of high waisted, 1920's baggy style. It's not the weather to wear these owing to their colour. Come spring and I shall wear them with a sports jacket. The trousers seen here hanging in my wife's cabin, were at the time of photographing, not quite complete. They are now finished and have been pressed, how I love them.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  4. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Dress code still effect at my house regardless of the pandemic.

[​IMG]

Unlabeled sportcoat, 50's bowtie, 30's fedora and spectators were the choices I made today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

5. Hapi

Hapi New in Town

Michael, you not only have quite the closet, but you wear each and every item very well. Just spectacular. I have followed you in the hat department, and look forward to each post you make. Wow .... just wow. What a gentleman of class and style! Thank you, Sir, for taking the time to present such a stunning wardrobe, pose and post.

Having some extra time today, I was wandering around the Lounge seeing what else is here, I found this thread on clothes. I was very pleasantly surprised. GHT, Short Balding, and many of you others here - thank you. This thread is very enjoyable (and I am not even a "clothes person"). Makes me want to go out and buy a tie!

Peckinpah and Michael A like this.
  6. Hapi

Hapi New in Town

Grant Fan, you made this outfit?? Awesome. Happened upon this post wandering around the Lounge and am so glad I did. I have seen a few of your outfits and must say you look beautiful in them. Also like your decor.

7. Michael A

Michael A I'll Lock Up

Thanks Hapi, you are too kind. I agree that there are many folks here that can "put on the Ritz" with style.

Thanks,
    Michael

8. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

Oh my, what a dapper gent, how did I ever miss your post Eric? You have nailed the entire wardrobe but I especially love the bow tie.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  9. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Thanks sir, I have my moments.

10. Cocker

Cocker Practically Family

- Custom made D-1 mechanics jacket by Five Star Leather
    - 1932 Engineer pants and CPO shirt by Pike Brothers
    - SM Wholesale USN boots
    - Bronson MFG A-4 mechanics cap
    - Mash Japan A-10 gloves

[​IMG]

Edit: Updated correct version of the picture.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021