Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

DrMacabre

One of the Regulars
Hello everyone, today i'm wearing a Bronson 1930 double knees duck canvas pants with my favorite Pendleton vintage wool shirt. i was looking for a Carhartt duck pants but my size was sold out. I can give you a little comparison with Carhartt duck canvas since i have one of their bib overall in unwashed duck. Despite Bronson advertising their pants to be 14oz, they are less thick and rigid than the unwashed 12oz from Carhartt but it is still a great pants if you are into high waist and suspenders.

_MG_3780-2_Luminar4-edit.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
baggies 003.JPG

I'm loving your high waisted look.
My wife has made me a number of pairs of high waisted, 1920's baggy style. It's not the weather to wear these owing to their colour. Come spring and I shall wear them with a sports jacket. The trousers seen here hanging in my wife's cabin, were at the time of photographing, not quite complete. They are now finished and have been pressed, how I love them.

Hapi

New in Town
Deansgate 3 Roll 2 Suit
11-3-2020 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_7037 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael
Michael, you not only have quite the closet, but you wear each and every item very well. Just spectacular. I have followed you in the hat department, and look forward to each post you make. Wow .... just wow. What a gentleman of class and style! Thank you, Sir, for taking the time to present such a stunning wardrobe, pose and post.

Having some extra time today, I was wandering around the Lounge seeing what else is here, I found this thread on clothes. I was very pleasantly surprised. GHT, Short Balding, and many of you others here - thank you. This thread is very enjoyable (and I am not even a "clothes person"). Makes me want to go out and buy a tie!

Hapi

New in Town
View attachment 175099 View attachment 175100 View attachment 175101 This was last week but I made the overalls and the blouse. Overalls are linen/ chambray blend and the blouse is plain cotton. The shoes are really fun reports from remix in greens and teals.
Grant Fan, you made this outfit?? Awesome. Happened upon this post wandering around the Lounge and am so glad I did. I have seen a few of your outfits and must say you look beautiful in them. Also like your decor.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Michael, you not only have quite the closet, but you wear each and every item very well. Just spectacular. I have followed you in the hat department, and look forward to each post you make. Wow .... just wow. What a gentleman of class and style! Thank you, Sir, for taking the time to present such a stunning wardrobe, pose and post.

Having some extra time today, I was wandering around the Lounge seeing what else is here, I found this thread on clothes. I was very pleasantly surprised. GHT, Short Balding, and many of you others here - thank you. This thread is very enjoyable (and I am not even a "clothes person"). Makes me want to go out and buy a tie!
Thanks Hapi, you are too kind. I agree that there are many folks here that can "put on the Ritz" with style.

Thanks,
Michael

GHT

I'll Lock Up
We are dining out today. Sunday lunch at a pub/restaurant that is run by a lovely couple whose wedding we went to recently. It's decisions, decisions for her Ladyship on what to wear. I'm thinking of going green.
ambulance reunion lunch 005.JPG
A more formal look but it's a warm day.
green shirt & trousers 002.JPG green shirt & trousers 005.JPG oxfords2.jpg
What lid?
Hat, Racing Green.jpg
Just the job, problem is, it hasn't arrived yet, besides the weather is more conducive to a straw.
Esther straw.jpg
Decisions, decisions.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
shirt, shoes, hat all green 026.JPG
Tina & I enjoyed an Italian meal at a lovely restaurant this evening. I didn't wear this shirt but I did wear the hat. It's one of two new hats that I've had made. The shirt that I chose could easily contrast with my other new hat, it's a warm nutmeg colour.
fern pattered shirts 010.JPG
To finish off the ensemble I wore the same shoes and trousers as above in #24,151. The heavy rain was resisted with a khaki trenchcoat. It was a fine meal with a rather attractive lady, but I would say that, wouldn't I?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday's outfit for the glorious return of The Chap's Grand Flaneur Walk and evening party at the Camden Watch Company shop.

View attachment 425790

Not in picture: tan, 30s-cut chinos by SJC/ Cathcart Heritage, Terry Smith co-respondent penny-loafers in navy & white.
The Flaneur Walk is one of those must do events that life seems to contrive otherwise. You must let us know when the 2023 date is announced.
For the benefit of those not familiar with The Grand Flaneur Walk that Edward attended so regally dressed:

chap1.jpg
chap2.jpg
chap3.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It was my intention to sell the lemon coloured blazer, but Tina had other ideas. Knowing who makes my hats she ordered the one pictured, perfect for the times when it's just not quite straw hat temperatures. It goes well with both blazers, as a match to the lemon and contrast to the blue. I wore the blue blazer today and the hat.
Yellow and blue blazers 004.JPG Yellow and blue blazers 011.JPG

Edward

Bartender
It was my intention to sell the lemon coloured blazer, but Tina had other ideas. Knowing who makes my hats she ordered the one pictured, perfect for the times when it's just not quite straw hat temperatures. It goes well with both blazers, as a match to the lemon and contrast to the blue. I wore the blue blazer today and the hat.
View attachment 478858 View attachment 478859

They're both great. It would be fun to take them both to a weekend event, wear them across two days in sequence. Keeping an overall colour-theme for the event, but switching it up each day.

While since I posted anything of my own outfits on this thread. I'd intended today to wear a blazer and my covert coat, but when I took Mimi Dog out for this morning's wee wee trip before work, it was cold enough that I had second thoughts.

1676391906131.jpeg

Cap is Sussex Tweed; scarf hand crocheted by my mother, bless her - arrived with my Christmas bits in December. Jacket (mirror photo below) is one I picked up five or six years ago, Tu label (Sanisbury's Supermarkets' own brand. About GBP20 new....):

1676392037652.jpeg

The mirror in our lift is badly scratched, though I kinda like the effect in pictures...

Silk tie and knitwear below - pictured here behind my desk, wearing a Bronson A3 cap that just arrived in the post:

1676392104566.jpeg

Reactions: RBH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ