Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Blue collar day today...out in the garden!

When I looked at these I thought, "not a million miles away from those famous shots of the guys working on building the skyscrapers in NYC in the 30's!!" Sorry if my dress lowers the tone among you finely dressed gents, but at least there is a Depression Era look to them!!;)
Garden003.jpg

Garden002.jpg

Alan Eardley

One Too Many
Is that a Norge shirt in blue?

Alan

PADDY said:
When I looked at these I thought, "not a million miles away from those famous shots of the guys working on building the skyscrapers in NYC in the 30's!!" Sorry if my dress lowers the tone among you finely dressed gents, but at least there is a Depression Era look to them!!;)
Garden003.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
PADDY said:

Yes, the great photographs by Lewis Hine of the construction crews on the Empire State Building. Some of them are heart-stopping. And I love the shots of crew members sitting nonchalantly eating their lunches side-by-side on a metal beam in mid-air hundreds of feet up!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
NORGE; well spotted Alan.

This is years old, I got it in Moreland, Cumbria at a company called Survival Aids (which I don't think trades anymore), when I was running around the dales and fells of a place called Warcop.

I have a few green Norges, but I was getting fed up with just wearing 'green' all the time, so when I saw the originals in navy, I grabbed it. A really good piece of kit as it happens, and ironically now, when me and pals used to have to buy this clobber out of our own pockets, they are 'now' standard issue.

Edward

Bartender
Never seen a Norge in blue before.... I have one somewhere which is black -the usual army surplus over-dyed affair, of course. Great thing, though mine gets worn under a sweater - it's a very neat fit on me as when I bought it onl smaller sizes were available in the surplus place. I'd be tempted by another couple maybe at some future date. Surprisingly warm for such a light garment, great for layering under something else.

Edward

Bartender
Lucky Strike said:

If you watch the Laurie/Fry "Jeeves & Wooster" TV series, you'll see Bertie wearing one like it.

Ditto Gomez Addams (TV show). Gomez back then always wore a db suit; I imagine wearing the watch in the breast pocket of one of those would be much more convenient than wearing it in a waistcoat button inside a db.... could play havoc with one's pocket square, though!

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Edward said:
Ditto Gomez Addams (TV show). Gomez back then always wore a db suit; I imagine wearing the watch in the breast pocket of one of those would be much more convenient than wearing it in a waistcoat button inside a db.... could play havoc with one's pocket square, though!

I recall seeing several pictures of FDR in a db with the pocket watch in the breast pocket.

Marty M.

Vendor
Great shots PADDY.

PADDY said:
Sorry if my dress lowers the tone among you finely dressed gents, but at least there is a Depression Era look to

Not at all PADDY. Your personal style and flair raised the tone of dress.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
gluegungeisha said:
Yeah...I'm a grungy college kid who wears the same jeans everyday. And what?

2230791755_b52e3c20aa.jpg

I found the Edwardian jacket at a thrift shop for eleven dollars!

There's nothing grungy about you Ms 3G's. You have a sense of how to mix and match different flavors and styles of clothing and make them look special. Even on a college students budget :eusa_clap .
Marty Mathis

gluegungeisha said:
Yeah...I'm a grungy college kid who wears the same jeans everyday. And what?

2230791755_b52e3c20aa.jpg

I found the Edwardian jacket at a thrift shop for eleven dollars!

That's when they finally start to fit! lol

I'm really diggin' the black. This is an insanely creative ensemble. Really cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy