Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
^^ and ^ Thanks for the nice comments!

In answer to the question...Oddly, I usually wake up in the morning with a mental picture (a "vision"! :)) of what I want to wear that day. The ideas are affected by various factors, of course (weather, business settings I'll be in, etc.), but I let my thoughts while I sleep generate the looks -- I seldom make any decisions the night before.

If I wake with a full or close-to-full outfit in mind, I can get dressed pretty quickly. If the mental picture is only partial (occasionally I'll wake up only knowing the shoes, or the suit), I'll have to construct the rest of the outfit backwards from that, and that takes longer. Half-hour, tops (sometimes I look at a number of ties before deciding on the right one -- that usually takes longest).

It's an interesting question. I'd be curious about what processes others use to determine their daily outfits.

Johanna

One of the Regulars
Today I wore two outfits actually. First this one:
2310194830_5f490e906d_o.jpg

2309388543_7da91ce338_o.jpg

This dress is the most amazing ever.

And then I changed to this because I just received this dress in the mail:
2310344380_a95715a78c_o.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
'40s double breasted
white shirt
'30s deadstock white linen tie
ralph lauren navy blue linen pants
white wingtip bucks
dog tie clip
'50s Champ
IMG_4985.jpg

IMG_49851.jpg

Patrick Murtha said:
It's an interesting question. I'd be curious about what processes others use to determine their daily outfits.

Sometimes I decide the night before, a kinda 'I think I would like to wear X tomorrow' thing, but it usually changes. I often try a few things on before I leave the house because I forget to look outside before choosing!!

Sometimes, if I have aquired something new, it's no choice at all, the new clothes always win! For instance yesterday;

Image021.jpg

I didn't choose the face, it came as a free gift.

I love those shoes :eusa_clap

Johanna; You have the prettiest everything!! You make a girl very jealous! Both those dresses are gorgeous!!

EDIT; good lord, I'm pretty sure I wasn't frowning as much as it looks like I am....

Jovan

Suspended
AlanC said:
Because you can! You just need lapels on that vest. :D
Hmm... normally I'd agree, but seeing as it's a double breasted it might make it a bit overly busy. That's just my opinion though. I wish we had a clearer shot of the whole jacket!

DDD: You are pretty yourself, but need clearer shots to show it! ;)

MissHannah

One Too Many
LOVE the blue plaid johanna!
I just got my Bettie Page dress from pinup-parade.com today and I love it love it love it:

Greendress1.jpg

Marty M.

Vendor
You're right Jovan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanC
Because you can! You just need lapels on that vest.
Jovan said:
Hmm... normally I'd agree, but seeing as it's a double breasted it might make it a bit overly busy. That's just my opinion though. I wish we had a clearer shot of the whole jacket!

That's exactly why I made the vest without lapels.
Marty Mathis

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
Marty M. said:
I haven't been able to post a few pics for awhile now. Here's a few quickies from today. Thanks for viewing.
Marty Mathis

P1010078.jpg

The Suit is a post blue with a pink stripe. The camera doesn't do it justice. The tie is English made.

P1010079-2.jpg

Pink threaded lapel hole to match the stripe.

P1010083-2.jpg

It is a vested model. The pocket watch is an Elgin circa early 1900's

P1010086-1.jpg

A different photo angle of our shop. Just getting ready for spring (hopefully soon).

P1010087-2.jpg

I love the deep blue of these links.

Brilliant combo all-around! That first shot should go into the "putting it together" thread.

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
Two-button SB houndstooth jacket
Olive shirt
'40s tie -- really rough texture, feels like a wool/synthetic blend
Black George trousers
Black-and-red suspenders
Cordovan tassel loafers
Argyle socks
Trusty Jaxon crushable fedora :D

wearing_20080304_full.jpg

You can't tell, but the jacket actually is houndstooth -- a grayish tan and a chocolatey brown. But it's also got windowpanes in very subtle shades of blue, green, and orange, made up by just a few strands of color in select houndsteeth (is that a word? lol ). It's hard to describe... and unfortunately I couldn't get a decent close-up picture of it due to my cruddy photography skills with my S.O.'s cell phone.

wearing_20080304_no_jacket.jpg

wearing_20080304_tie.jpg

The back of the tie. The label says:
SUPERBA
Sugar & Spice

No indication of materials anywhere.

Aside from 258th Best Dressed Guy on the Lounge, I also vote for myself as Worst Cell Phone Photographer. :eek:

-Tofu

AdmiralTofu

One of the Regulars
Pink Dahlia said:
I vote for you for #1 best name on the Lounge. :D

Aww, shucks, thanks. :D I've had it for about eleven years now. Came from a high school chum. My name is Christopher, so he shortened it to 'topher, and then Tofu... I'm stuck with it. :)

-Tofu

Marty M.

Vendor
Orgetorix said:
PSA for the humor-impaired: This is intended to be a humorous, jesting statement. Hence the grinning smiley-face.

Are you kidding? You should see the mean PM's that he sends me. Just kidding. I feel lucky to count Alan as a pal of mine. I knew he was just jabbing me. To be honest, I'm not sure why I made a vested suit with the coat being a 6 on 2 DB [huh].
By the way Mr. O, what does PSA mean?
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis