Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thrift store find, with only a tag that says all silk and made in Italy. There's some sort of logo on it, too, but no actual brand name of any sort. It's the only knit tie I have that has a pointy end like a regular tie. Sorry I'm no help.

matt_tatt

New in Town
Penney Day

Didn't think about this beforehand but today is a pink flecked Penney's shirt ("made and styled in the west"), some Foremost jeans "with the lower rise", and a Penney's woolen hat and a Penney Steerhide mid length half-back steerhide jacket. Redwing boots are the only blot.

Amazing what one could buy in what was effectively a chainstore.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Something of a 50's homage going on here.

Henry the Hatter orginal beaver XX fedora, silk tie, two piece silk/linen 3 button Boden suit, button down cotton Oxford shirt, Omega Speedmaster timepiece.

HenryHatterHat006.jpg

HenryHatterHat008.jpg

HenryHatterHat001.jpg

Patrick Murtha

Practically Family
^ Outstanding, Paddy!

I had a variety of commitments to keep in mind in dressing today: giving a portion of a new hire orientation; meeting with an associate for a one-on-one professional development planning session; having lunch with a lawyer friend; recruiting interns at a college career fair in the afternoon.

So this is what I came up with. When I look in the mirror today, I see: Mr. Approachable.

Jos. A. Bank British tan SB 2B single-vent suit
Marshall Field's point collar shirt, white ground with intricate light blue line pattern (hard to describe, but it's sprightly!)
Vintage light blue narrow wool knit tie with square bottom
Vintage circular tie clasp, white Roman chariot cameo design on light blue ground

2686325880102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Light blue silk pocket square
Light blue silk braces
Fossil watch with gold/silver band (right wrist)
Polished stainless steel link bracelet (left wrist)
Calvin Klein Truth cologne
Dark tan patterned OTC socks
Florsheim Imperial burgundy wingtips
Stanley Blacker SB tan wool/cashmere topcoat
Brown leather gloves
Lambswool scarf with horizontal stripes in different shades of blue
Vintage Dobbs navy fedora with black band (boy, did I look high and low for a good navy-colored hat!)

2464893560102775237S500x500Q85.jpg

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I'm wearing a deadstock forest green polo university club corduroy vest with lapels
a white shirt
green '30s tie
Veterinarian tie clip
black trousers
black shoes
Lee Waterbloc
pocketwatch in vest pocket
willson sunglasses

IMG_4992.jpg

IMG_4997.jpg

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Are you, in fact, a veterinarian? It could be awkward if people passing you on the street start asking advice about their dog, cat, horse... :D
Then again, the extremely snappy tie may draw their attention away.

So help me, I today am wearing the first pair of Fashionably Ripped Jeans I have ever worn in my life. I did 'em myself, unwittingly, of course.

I have balanced them out with a felt stingy and A-2 jacket just to stay classy. Stay classy, me.

Pink Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
This is yesterday. I wasn't going to post this but my expression is funny. I think I'm musing about being really late and still having curlers in my hair.

l_552e1760a0b89c36757afd1ae7fb7b62.jpg

This was today, my most vintage expensive dress. It was deadstock.

l_5e9527d14c1ede88ebf0def78e939065.jpg

Man I love them shoes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick