Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling said:
Really? It was the frills that I was wondering about dying, but I definitly see your point.

It's a matter of personal taste, but I really adore the frills. :)

Anyway, in my opinion, there is a dilemma between the frills and the white midriff. But if you dye the frills the dress might be more casual and you might wear it more? You should since it fits you perfectly. Tough choice! :)

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Ada Veen said:
Laura, how about a grey skirt with that green top, or some sort of tweed?

A grey skirt would be lovely. What's really stopping me from being creative here is some sort of clot in my brain that's forcing me to be very matchy matchy. :eusa_doh: :) So all I can think of with this blouse is either white to match the dots on the blouse or black because black is black and goes with everything. But the thing is that a grey or a dusty-greyish pink probably would be much lovelier and softer with this blouse.

I wonder how tweed would go with the polka dots?

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
It's a matter of personal taste, but I really adore the frills. :)

Anyway, in my opinion, there is a dilemma between the frills and the white midriff. But if you dye the frills the dress might be more casual and you might wear it more? You should since it fits you perfectly. Tough choice! :)

I think you might be on the something, I also think that the white lace in the waist makes me look wider.. okay, need photoshop now to test this out!

Oh and yes, you can wear tweed with polkadots, but make it a single color tweed.

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
MissHannah said:
Casual for a day out on the South bank with my boy:
LondonEye1a.jpg

This literally looks like a "Come to London!" Travel poster... lol

very nice MIssHannah :D

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Darhling said:
Dress from Diva
Matte black leather shoes

I am really on the fence about this dress, sometimes I hate it other times I like it, maybe I should dye it all black?
I'm with Eve on this one. The white waist does not make the midriff look wider. I think it's perfect as it is. Very elegant, and yet it almost subconciously makes one think of lingerie.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Slim Portly said:
I'm with Eve on this one. The white waist does not make the midriff look wider. I think it's perfect as it is. Very elegant, and yet it almost subconciously makes one think of lingerie.

Thank you, it definitly helps to get other people opinions..

Today a bit more casual..

light taupe'ish stretch skirt from Wolford
Matching bustier
white dress shirt with faux belt
Brown alligator pumps

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

MissHannah

One Too Many
Laura Chase said:
A grey skirt would be lovely. What's really stopping me from being creative here is some sort of clot in my brain that's forcing me to be very matchy matchy. :eusa_doh: :) So all I can think of with this blouse is either white to match the dots on the blouse or black because black is black and goes with everything. But the thing is that a grey or a dusty-greyish pink probably would be much lovelier and softer with this blouse.

I wonder how tweed would go with the polka dots?

I think a navy skirt would work too and also a darker shade of green.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
Darhling said:
Thank you, it definitly helps to get other people opinions..

Today a bit more casual..

light taupe'ish stretch skirt from Wolford
Matching bustier
white dress shirt with faux belt
Brown alligator pumps

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01523.jpg

Oh, meeeow !!!......I LOVE this outfit Darhling you are uber hot ! I agree I think that Carrie Bradshaw needs to retire in your wake!!

Like the gents said you should leave your head in your pics though!;)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
AllaboutEve said:
Oh, meeeow !!!......I LOVE this outfit Darhling you are uber hot ! I agree I think that Carrie Bradshaw needs to retire in your wake!!

Meeow back atcha! Thank you so much - I really like this outfit too, the white against the light taupe looks really good.

imoldfashioned said:
Fantabulous outfit Darhling! I especially love the shirt--all the seaming is wonderful.

The shirt is very structured, almost corset-like and the it 'kicks' out under the waist/over the butt in the back.

Slim Portly said:
I have to say, I like your idea of "casual."

Thank you, it just felt more casual than my normal dresses, but still not sloppy.

Lyburnum - That dress is too cute, it suits you so well! I love the detail with the brooch.

Lucky Strike

A-List Customer
This thread just gets better and better...

The other day - my phone camera suddenly decided to go all sepia on me:

DSC04915.jpg
DSC04921.jpg

DSC04917.jpg

And this was Wednesday, at a garden party (the jacket sits terribly in the pic, as a result of sitting around on lawns and keeping a lot of junk in my pockets):

DSC04908.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Lucky Strike - you look great as usual, love the shoes! I have a serious case of watch-envy..

Finally friday, can't wait to get of work!

Dark grey stretch skirt from Wolford
White shirt with black accents from Zara
Black belt (buckle turned around on back) from a dress
Black patent mary-janes

DSC01530.jpg

MissS

A-List Customer
Lucky Strike said:
And this was Wednesday, at a garden party (the jacket sits terribly in the pic, as a result of sitting around on lawns and keeping a lot of junk in my pockets):

DSC04908.jpg

Lucky Strike, you look fantastic in this pic!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL