Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Mike, great herringbone tweed, but if you don't stop feeding your dog Beneful I will come to your house and make ugly faces at you!

Me today. Taupe suit, brown vest, brown striped shirt, green and brown patterned silk tie, brown two-tone saddle shoes, argyle socks, green satin braces, avocado pocket square, cigar cufflinks, brass watch chain, and to top it all off my new (and still unfinished) 5X beaver fedora. Cheers mates.

DSC04113.jpg

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
thunderw21 said:
Went exploring today.

-Portis hat
-GAP leather jacket
-repro WW2 HBT pants
-repro WW2 roughout boots

10-8-08004.jpg

10-8-08003.jpg

As a sincere, long-term Indiana Jones admirer, you just made my day ;)

Places like that scare me... I went on a tour of some caverns once, and every time the walls got closer together, my heart started to beat a little faster. Apparently, I'm just a little claustrophobic.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
maggiethespy said:
As a sincere, long-term Indiana Jones admirer, you just made my day ;)

Places like that scare me... I went on a tour of some caverns once, and every time the walls got closer together, my heart started to beat a little faster. Apparently, I'm just a little claustrophobic.

;)

Funny thing is, so am I. But this cave wasn't bad. It didn't go back as far as I was hoping, sadly.

LordBest

Practically Family
Finally we had a day warm enough to try out my new summer suit:
summerchap.jpg

I would prefer larger lapels but on the whole think it is a decent suit. Feel free to disillusion me.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Blue pinstripe suit, white sateen stripe shirt with double-button cuff, black belt and shoes, and tie maroon with red stripes and blue pinstripes (similar to this:
yhst-95467354036377_2022_338952187
.)

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Today's office attire. Charcoal suit, black 3-pocket waistcoat, grey ascot with crystal pin, white cotton pocket square with red and grey piping, black derby, black and white spectators, black satin braces, silver double Albert chain with vintage vesta holder, etc.

DSC04120-CROP.jpg

donCarlos

Practically Family
Slim, this one looks really like turn of the centuries. Well done, I love it! People who meet you at the office must be shocked.

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
Slim Portly said:
Today's office attire. Charcoal suit, black 3-pocket waistcoat, grey ascot with crystal pin, white cotton pocket square with red and grey piping, black derby, black and white spectators, black satin braces, silver double Albert chain with vintage vesta holder, etc.

DSC04120-CROP.jpg

Great outfit! By the way, what color are the buttons on the vest? I need to replace some buttons on a black vest and was considering not using black buttons. Those look like they might be brown?

donCarlos

Practically Family
This photo is remarkable for two reasons - I have new wallpapers and I have new brown cashmere jacket (modern, but cashmere :) ). I combined it with grey pants, as Apparel Arts showed me and it gave surprisingly "working class" look.

2008_10100002.jpg

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I think it's time the old scarf came back... Just saw Strange Days again and Ralph Feinnes has on a scarf tied as a tie... looked awesome.

Anywho, I'm wearing some heavy tan corduroy trousers (in the same color as Mr. Doolittle's in My Fair Lady) a blue red and white striped dress shirt with a tab collar though no tie and a plaid Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, argyle-ish socks and my some tan and brown saddle shoes.

by the by Mike... that suit is kick-ass!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
donCarlos said:
Slim, this one looks really like turn of the centuries. Well done, I love it! People who meet you at the office must be shocked.
Thank you, sir. Usually no one has enough knowledge of style to comment on the historical veracity of my attire, but I am often complemented nonetheless, and I do appreciate a sincere complement regardless of the specifics. Yesterday, however, was an exception. I met a British gentleman who initiated a conversation regarding the Derby, and we had a lovely talk about clothing that eventually covered many aspect of a gentleman's wear. He was even kind enough to offer his perspective of shirt tails vis-à-vis tucking said into one's undergarments as opposed to not. I had to admit that this was a subject that I was unfamiliar with, and I was pleased to learn something new. He especially appreciated my vesta case, and he told me that he himself had an old cigarette case that he no longer had use for and offered to return with it as a gift on his next visit. A charming offer from a true gentleman.

J. M. Stovall said:
Great outfit! By the way, what color are the buttons on the vest? I need to replace some buttons on a black vest and was considering not using black buttons. Those look like they might be brown?
You are too kind. They are in fact black buttons, but I agree that a shade of brown would be quite attractive, perhaps more so if they were fabricated of wood or tortoise shell.

KY Gentleman said:
Slim-
Thats the first I've seen of your new custom hat on your head.
It looks very nice- and it looks great with that suit.
It is of course as of yet unfinished (no liner, no sweatband, and in need of a steam rebash), but it looks so good that I could not resist wearing it with that suit. Your compliment is deeply appreciated.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Grey suit with blue window-panes, light blue french-cuff shirt, maroon tie, maroon pocket square with small silver dots, silver square cufflinks, black belt and shoes.

carter

I'll Lock Up
2929686391_d2a46fc01b.jpg

Shoes - the Sanford by Allen Edmonds
Trousers - Heathered Scots Wool from Jos A Bank
Vest - the Kroon Rose from Harold Powell
Shirt - from Brooks Bros
Jacket - from the Joseph Collection, two-button, double- vented, wool from Jos A Bank
Hat - the "Taos" by Art Fawcett (limited Edition)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore