Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

OldSoul

Familiar Face
Grant Fan said:
you can't really tell but this skirt has tiny little pencil pleats in it, I took a close up for you to see. This is a typical outfit for student teaching for me.

IMG_1029-1.jpg

:eek: Wow, I agree with what was said above! Had my teachers dressed so stunningly I would have paid a hell of a lot more attention!!!

Slim, you have a very classy look. I'd be afraid to stand near you, in fear of it costing me money!

Slim Portly

One Too Many
donCarlos said:
Slim, I love the classic look you can get by combining modern garments. However, don´t you feel a little bit self-conscious?
Why would I feel self conscious? Seriously, I don't understand the question. Do you mean because of the "costumey" look of some of my outfits? If so, not one bit. I love dressing this way, I receive compliments all day long (especially from the ladies), and people remember me. My co-workers wear jeans and t-shirts, but if I show up without a tie it's a scandal. I know it's old-fashioned, but I try to do it with class and a sense of humor.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Mark, Bugsy, et al, you are too kind. Considering that I dress at five in the morning, I'm often amazed when I get home 14 hours later that I don't look like a pile of garbage (which is often how I feel by the end of a work day!).

Bugsy

One Too Many
You can kid us. You very carefully arrange all of your clothes the night before. ;)

Slim Portly said:
Mark, Bugsy, et al, you are too kind. Considering that I dress at five in the morning, I'm often amazed when I get home 14 hours later that I don't look like a pile of garbage (which is often how I feel by the end of a work day!).

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Most days, true. Then there are those scary mornings when the alarm goes off and I stumble out of the house with whatever I manage to pull together. And either way I'm still a half-asleep zombie until I get my coffee and cigar an hour later.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Warm early, then the weather turned nasty. Light snow now and very cold.

-green Whippet
-early '50s 'atomic fleck' jacket
-'40s flannel trousers
-modern Florsheim shoes
-vintage lighter

me081.jpg

me082.jpg

me083.jpg

lighter.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Last night was my office Christmas party, and thanks to last minute shopping and tailoring, I wasn't able to try on my new suit until just half an hour before I left for the soirée. My seamstress neglected to fix one suit coat button and therefore my rudimentary sewing skills were called into play at the last minute. The suit is a very fine pinstripe, and the drape and heft of the fabric feel wonderful. Also debuting was my new Scala Homburg. Rounding out the ensemble were my black and white spectators, white tonal stripe dress shirt, red paisley silk tie, silver collar bar, nickel-plated sleeve garters, black satin braces, Swarovski crystal cufflinks and tie pin, silver double Edward watch chain, and a red carnation boutonnière.

DSC04583-CROP.jpg

DSC04585-CROP.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
... and just in case there are any lingering questions about why I dress the way that I do for work every day, here are a few of my co-workers showing a little appreciation:

DSC04607-CROP.jpg

DSC04621-CROP.jpg

DSC04609-CROP.jpg

DSC04614-CROP.jpg

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
Slim Portly said:
... and just in case there are any lingering questions about why I dress the way that I do for work every day, here are a few of my co-workers showing a little appreciation:

DSC04607-CROP.jpg

DSC04621-CROP.jpg

DSC04609-CROP.jpg

DSC04614-CROP.jpg

:cheers1: I've gotta get an outfit similar to that.

Bingles

A-List Customer
Slim Portly said:
Last night was my office Christmas party, and thanks to last minute shopping and tailoring, I wasn't able to try on my new suit until just half an hour before I left for the soirée. My seamstress neglected to fix one suit coat button and therefore my rudimentary sewing skills were called into play at the last minute. The suit is a very fine pinstripe, and the drape and heft of the fabric feel wonderful. Also debuting was my new Scala Homburg. Rounding out the ensemble were my black and white spectators, white tonal stripe dress shirt, red paisley silk tie, silver collar bar, nickel-plated sleeve garters, black satin braces, Swarovski crystal cufflinks and tie pin, silver double Edward watch chain, and a red carnation boutonnière.

DSC04583-CROP.jpg

DSC04585-CROP.jpg

Simply fantastic!!!!!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW