Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Dinerman said:
Home.
battledress trousers
white shirt
'30s wool tie
G-1
wool 8 panel
IMG_0582-1.jpg

Nice, that's a great jacket. You look like Paddy in that photo! :D

Boodles

A-List Customer
Slim, it’s not that there were any questions…

…about why you dress as you do, but had there been, now there will no longer be any questions. Accoutrements, indeed. Woo wee.

mike

Call Me a Cab
this is from friday....
a Jonathan Richard Irish Tweed 8 panel cap (he makes the JPeterman handsome thug caps, which are great if you can get em for less than retail!)
a bold look, late 40's bowtie
an early 40's British SB peaked lapel suit
sorry for the poor pictures, good times had by all though to make up for it :p

(Bartender Edit - nonono)
l_ee6b14d377b740d7a6f7382ba32ff8d5.jpg

better?
motorcityxmasparty.jpg

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Bugsy said:
Many congratulations to you.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap What was your field of study??

Thanks, Bugsy. It's an MA in medieval studies. The degree ceremony is fairly late, I'm already several months into a PhD on medieval armourers.

mike

Call Me a Cab
Laura Chase said:
mike, that (your?) woman has a picture perfect nose! *swoon*

:p Nooo, a good friend's wife (which seems to be the case more and more often recently)

And Heather, it was Nick & Alex spinning at Motor City on Friday for an early Christmas Party.

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
WHAYW12162008-1.jpg
waywt12162008b-1.jpg

Vintage Wide Wale Flat Cap
Hand Knit Shawl Collar Sweater
Vintage Roebucks Pearlsnap Denim Shirt
Chinos (not shown)
Brown Leather Jodhopers (not shown)

Slim Portly

One Too Many
bombayjack said:
Wow, what a great looking suit. Love the spectators, too. And the hat, of course.

What do you do for a living? I don't imagine everyone at the office dresses like that.
Thank you, my friend. I am a government drone. I work in a very large office, and your assumption about how my co-workers dress is well within the safety zone.

;)

mike

Call Me a Cab
Slim Portly said:
Thank you, my friend. I am a government drone. I work in a very large office, and your assumption about how my co-workers dress is well within the safety zone.

;)

I think you also look great as always! But from personal experience, I am very hesitant to stick out too much at work. Most places aren't artistic, open minded working environments but are looking for excuses to not welcome others into the fold and help advance their careers. I try to fit in as best I can (I always stick out atleast a little anyway because my perspective is so skewed on what is normal.) I've had multiple false starts with various exciting options and how I have dressed has always been brought up :eusa_doh:
Maybe your situation is completely different, I know lots of people who can easily get away with whatever they want. For me, I'm opting for a safer route these days.

bombayjack

New in Town
Slim Portly said:

;)

Well, at the very least, I'm sure the splash of style and color within the gray walls is appreciated by some of your coworkers.

MissHannah

One Too Many
In my new favourite suit (an ebay bargain) my old favourite shoes and cute patent bag (probably wrong era but I love it anyway!)

Suit2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails