Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Josephine

One Too Many
Slim Portly said:
What's been called my "Frontier Banker" look, with the addition of a new handlebar, plus a new ivory cigar holder.

You remind me (in a good way) of the snowman from the Christmas specials. :)

0000qxra

Warbaby

One Too Many
We usually don't get much snow here on Vancouver Island, but over the past couple of days we got about two feet of the white stuff dumped on us. Today I dug out the cars in my 1945 Swiss (I think) army trousers with leather suspenders and ankle straps, a Canadian navy sweater...

Snow_12.18R1cr.jpg

...and a very serious parka:

Snow_12.18R3cr.jpg

I found the trousers at a flea market in the Netherlands (5 euro), the sweater at the local thrift shop ($3.99) and I scored the parka for ten bucks at a yard sale in Sausalito about 15 years ago. The parka is heavy canvas with a thick down lining, leather binding on the cuffs and real wolf fur trim on the hood.

Here's the stamping on the inner waistband of the trousers:

SwissTrouserLabel1.JPG

Slim Portly

One Too Many
My new black pinstripe 3-piece, white tonal stripe dress shirt, black tie, black silk pocket square, black satin braces, silver double Edward watch chain with thruppence fob, nickel sleeve garters, vintage faux mother of pearl and black celluloid Kum-A-Part cufflinks, black and silver tie pin, silver collar bar, black and white spectators, and Jaxon Bogart.

DSC04649-CROP.jpg

DSC04652-CROP.jpg

DSC04654-CROP.jpg

cufflinkmaniac

A-List Customer
I love the look of a pinned tie above the waistcoat! And if the desire to be rid of that watch chain ever enters you mind, I'll happily take it off of your hands.:D

Slim Portly said:
My new black pinstripe 3-piece, white tonal stripe dress shirt, black tie, black silk pocket square, black satin braces, silver double Edward watch chain with thruppence fob, nickel sleeve garters, vintage faux mother of pearl and black celluloid Kum-A-Part cufflinks, black and silver tie pin, silver collar bar, black and white spectators, and Jaxon Bogart.

DSC04649-CROP.jpg

DSC04652-CROP.jpg

DSC04654-CROP.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
sixsexsix said:
I really like this look. I have been waiting for the patent leather version of those Chie's to go on sale, and now that they finally have they do not have any in my size :(

I'm so sorry to hear that, I know the feeling though, her shoes are just way too expensive for me. My boyfriend got these for my birthday. :)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Firewood on the way

Outside in the yard. 26 degrees f this morning.
Wahmaker high waisted pants, LL Bean long underwear & braces, Eddie Bauer red flannel shirt, Stormy Kromer cap, vintage Woolrich jacket, Wellingtons. Needing a shave.
photo-18.jpg
photo-20.jpg
photo-19.jpg

brendon

Familiar Face
todays clothes
white spot tie by burtons new bargain buy
fire trap jeans topman red braces
m+s autograph shirt
redherring waistcoat
m+s cufflinks
gold collar bar
103_1853.jpg

103_1854.jpg

103_1860.jpg

103_1862.jpg

103_1863.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I feel that I need something here...

:cool:

nope, not working...
:beer:

it still hurts...
:cool2:

oh well...
:kick:

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Went to London to see Hamlet at the Novello on Thursday. Wore my favorite brown 3 piece, a collarless shirt I just finished and a vintage collar, bowtie, and homburg. This is outside a little cafe near the theatre.
DSC08827.jpg

My wife told me the guy I was standing next to on the Underground was looking at us like we were both contagious [huh]

Next day we went around London, I wore my green tweed '34 pattern trousers, a gray shirt, my greatcoat, and gray Lee fedora.

On the way back home I wore my suit again so I didn't have to fold it in the luggage, but with a different bow tie and my fedora. Here's at the hotel, a better look at the shirt.
DSC08882.jpg

And waiting at the Tube station to go back to King's Cross.
DSC08886.jpg

Laura Chase

One Too Many
3125723182_5afc5e7202.jpg

Dress: H&M
Red fur: thrifted - I don't know how old it is, but my guess is 40's. I just draped it on my shoulder.
Stockings: From Oroblu, they are amazing, the print is a whole lot of small buildings, like an entire city on your legs
Shoes: my favorite Chie Mihara purple suede shoes
Bag: vintage box-style, from the 50's, I believe. It's black suede with gold metal and the entire inside of the lid is covered with a beautiful mirror.

Riley Dee

One of the Regulars
Timeless...

scotrace said:
Outside in the yard. 26 degrees f this morning.
Wahmaker high waisted pants, LL Bean long underwear & braces, Eddie Bauer red flannel shirt, Stormy Kromer cap, vintage Woolrich jacket, Wellingtons. Needing a shave.
photo-18.jpg
photo-20.jpg
photo-19.jpg

LOVE IT!!!

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Inside pics today, it's 10 degrees (~-12 C) with subzero windchill outside!

Featuring my 'new' Hickey-Freeman suit, vintage 1960s--It's an amazing thing, no darts, hacking pockets, side-vents, narrow lapels with high gorge, quarter lined, flat-front trousers.

p1013968gf0.jpg

p1013972ij7.jpg

p1013971in7.jpg

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Nick D said:
Went to London to see Hamlet at the Novello on Thursday. Wore my favorite brown 3 piece, a collarless shirt I just finished and a vintage collar, bowtie, and homburg.
A smashing ensemble for a lovely outing. Would that I could have traded places with you just for the day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider