Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Vintage:
Resistol Self-Conforming taupe snap brim
3-piece wool glen plaid with 4 1/2" notch collar lapels
Bat wing bow tie, deep yellow, 1 1/2"
Brass watch chain and fob
Brown/brown saddle oxfords

New:
Lion hat pin
Spear point shirt
Green satin braces
Rust pocket square
Gold tone sleeve garters
Home-made cufflinks
Brown/green argyle socks
Orchid boutonnière

DSC04662-CROP.jpg

DSC04666-CROP.jpg

DSC04674-CROP.jpg

DSC04676-CROP.jpg

"Wearing a bow tie is a way of broadcasting an aggressive lack of concern for what other people think. ” — Warren St John, The New York Times

Bugsy

One Too Many
Absolutely smashing!!!!

Slim Portly said:
Vintage:
Resistol Self-Conforming taupe snap brim
3-piece wool glen plaid with 4 1/2" notch collar lapels
Bat wing bow tie, deep yellow, 1 1/2"
Brass watch chain and fob
Brown/brown saddle oxfords

New:
Lion hat pin
Spear point shirt
Green satin braces
Rust pocket square
Gold tone sleeve garters
Home-made cufflinks
Brown/green argyle socks
Orchid boutonnière

DSC04662-CROP.jpg

DSC04666-CROP.jpg

DSC04674-CROP.jpg

DSC04676-CROP.jpg

"Wearing a bow tie is a way of broadcasting an aggressive lack of concern for what other people think. ” — Warren St John, The New York Times

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Merry Christmas
chambray workshirt (christmas present)
green stripe braces
australian battledress trousers
black vintage captoes
borsalino
IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
metropd said:
I know I'm starting to get boring.
1920s4.jpg
:
You have an interesting idea of "boring". :D This entire outfit looks utterly natural on you, very nice!

My own wardrobe is quite limited, and wearing nice things on a regular basis is made more difficult by the fact that I do not own a car and bike everywhere instead. However, I still managed to wear my recent Goodwill find to my parents' house today for holiday festivities, even though the rest of my outfit was nothing worth mentioning. It's a tweed Christopher Dawes jacket which is just a hair too long for me, but it was just $10 and is oh-so-comfy and oh-so-warm.

IMG_3605_copysmall.jpg

This picture was taken another day; I didn't wear a tie today. Hmm, just noticed it probably needs to be pressed. :eek:

metropd

One Too Many
Lamplight said:
You have an interesting idea of "boring". :D This entire outfit looks utterly natural on you, very nice!

My own wardrobe is quite limited, and wearing nice things on a regular basis is made more difficult by the fact that I do not own a car and bike everywhere instead. However, I still managed to wear my recent Goodwill find to my parents' house today for holiday festivities, even though the rest of my outfit was nothing worth mentioning. It's a tweed Christopher Dawes jacket which is just a hair too long for me, but it was just $10 and is oh-so-comfy and oh-so-warm.

IMG_3605_copysmall.jpg

This picture was taken another day; I didn't wear a tie today. Hmm, just noticed it probably needs to be pressed. :eek:

Thank you my friend, that is the nicest compliment I could recieve. As we know your outfit is very sharp. Happy Holidays and best wishes Lamplight.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Christmas with the extended family. They specifically mentioned the word "jeans" when describing the intended mood for the day's festivities so I adjusted accordingly.

Glen plaid jacket, khaki button-collar shirt, blue jeans, brown leather belt, tan socks, blue and bone saddle oxfords with red rubber soles, one of my Broner Lite Felts, and a blue ascot which was a Yule time gift from my dear friend MarkL.

DSC04709-CROPg.jpg

DSC04706-CROP.jpg

DSC04714-CROP.jpg

The family dog and I shared an intimate moment:

DSC04703-CROP.jpg

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
Slim Portly said:
Christmas with the extended family. They specifically mentioned the word "jeans" when describing the intended mood for the day's festivities so I adjusted accordingly.

Glen plaid jacket, khaki button-collar shirt, blue jeans, brown leather belt, tan socks, blue and bone saddle oxfords with red rubber soles, one of my Broner Lite Felts, and a blue ascot which was a Yule time gift from my dear friend MarkL.

Very nice. :) I really like the pattern of the ascot paired with the texture of the jacket. And blue is my favorite color, of course. :D

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Slim Portly said:
DSC04709-CROPg.jpg

Jeans or no jeans, the ascot and the blue saddle really brings this look together.

Nicely done!

funneman

Practically Family
Looking good dinerman

IMG_0716.jpg

Hey is that a mandolin you are holding? Do you chop?

Slim you are amazing. What with all the posts you have shared with us I have yet
to see a repeat outfit and they all look spectacular. How do you do it? Your
closet must be bursting at the seams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy