Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
On the beach...(pics)

No vintage swimwear in these cold far reaches, but great for a vintage flying jacket from the 40's...MERRY XMAS everyone!
DSCN0794.jpg

DSCN0784.jpg

Lionheart

One of the Regulars
Slim Portly said:
Glen plaid jacket, khaki button-collar shirt, blue jeans, brown leather belt, tan socks, blue and bone saddle oxfords with red rubber soles, one of my Broner Lite Felts, and a blue ascot which was a Yule time gift from my dear friend MarkL.

I suppose it's my self-imposed responsibility to applaud you on the blue ascot. It works well with the rest of the outfit. :eusa_clap

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
I really must say that these last few pages have been most impressive. I really am awed by how wonderful all of you look!!

I must say Slim Portly, I don't believe I have ever made comment on your outfits, but goodness you do dress well. (I really am interested in your homemade cuff links.)

And I too, would love to go to the exact spot in Paddy's pictures.

Very enjoyable everyone!

dancinggods

New in Town
Dinerman said:
Merry Christmas
chambray workshirt (christmas present)
green stripe braces
australian battledress trousers
black vintage captoes
borsalino
IMG_0716.jpg

those trousers are really cool... are there any resources that would be recommended in finding a pair? i saw some other pictures of you with these (or ones like them)... do i see a button on the ankle, can it be tightened to hold onto the leg as well as worn loose?

i like your style!

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
dancinggods said:
those trousers are really cool... are there any resources that would be recommended in finding a pair? i saw some other pictures of you with these (or ones like them)... do i see a button on the ankle, can it be tightened to hold onto the leg as well as worn loose?

i like your style!

I got mine on ebay, and they show up there fairly regularly.
They have buttons and straps to tighten the bottoms. Or you can wear them normal. They have very wide, straight legs.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Post Holiday

I decided to get a dressed up a bit after the holiday for a luncheon.

Vintage 50's suit
1940's watch by Bulova
Brown captoes by Church of England
Shirt by Brook Brothers
Tie from DKNY
Vintage socks from????
50's vintage cufflinks

browntweed1.jpg

browntweed2.jpg

browntweed5.jpg

browntweed3.jpg

browntweed4.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Nice suit, Bugsy, it looks to fit you well. The trousers are great and is the material flecky?

I own a Kingsridge suit from the same era with that "custom fabric" tag. What material is your suit is made of? I'm assuming the "custom fabric" was just a sales ploy unless it was a special blend of some kind.

Bugsy

One Too Many
Thunder, indeed the "custom fabric" tag might well have been a ploy. I wouldn't even venture a guess. The tag on the other breast pocket says "imported fabric". Your guess is as good as mine. Thank you for the compliment.

thunderw21 said:
Nice suit, Bugsy, it looks to fit you well. The trousers are great and is the material flecky?

I own a Kingsridge suit from the same era with that "custom fabric" tag. What material is your suit is made of? I'm assuming the "custom fabric" was just a sales ploy unless it was a special blend of some kind.

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Black pinstripe three-piece, pink dress shirt, pink mother of pearl checkerboard cufflinks, pink silk pocket square, pink/grey/white silk tie, black semi-brogues, nickel-plated sleeve garters, grey NOS Royal Stetson porkpie.

DSC04736-CROP.jpg

DSC04741-CROP.jpg

DSC04767-CROP.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points