Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Bugsy

One Too Many
Nick D said:
anon', great suit, I also like the links. Are they snap links?
SayCici, wow! Outstanding outfit. Do you have any more pics of the hat?

Here's me today. I would have worn my mac, too, but it was too warm for that.

'50s double breasted suit
Blue/off white Tootal tie of unknown age
Off white silk square
Radiac collar
Modern Clarks shoes
Old brolly with an art deco horse head handle
Unmarked hat

DSC00850.jpg

Everything looks perfect and the brolly is icing on the cake.
How about a report on Will? I trust he's doing well.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Bugsy said:
Everything looks perfect and the brolly is icing on the cake.
How about a report on Will? I trust he's doing well.

Thanks :) Will's growing, though he's still small for his age. But he's very healthy and active. He's started smiling at us and is usually very happy (he was grumpy the last couple days, but is back to his smiling self again).

We just bought him a 1950s play outfit which he will fit in soon, and a small vintage Stetson fedora for when he's older.

RobStC

A-List Customer
Hello all,

Finally got myself a digital camera and (hopefully) figured out photobucket etc, so thought I'd have a first bash at posting something with pictures. Here's what I was wearing today.....

Moonstone Fed IV Deluxe, 1960's (I think) small houndstooth check waistcoat and trousers, with 1950's wool tie and RL Polo shirt (non-vintage). Braces (not visible!) are Thurston dark blue with white cat-gut ends, and watch is a c.1935 9ct 'Record' cushion case.

Fingers crossed that it all comes through.....

Regards to all, and thanks for all the inspiration and information over the last few months of Lounge browsing.:)

Rob StC.
RobStC
[/IMG]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
RobStC, you look terrific in this!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap You are quite the dapper gent. I really like the other pic showing the back of your outfit in the mirror even better! Hey, I wanna see those cat gut braces and the watch too please... :)

RobStC said:
Hello all,

Finally got myself a digital camera and (hopefully) figured out photobucket etc, so thought I'd have a first bash at posting something with pictures. Here's what I was wearing today.....

Moonstone Fed IV Deluxe, 1960's (I think) small houndstooth check waistcoat and trousers, with 1950's wool tie and RL Polo shirt (non-vintage). Braces (not visible!) are Thurston dark blue with white cat-gut ends, and watch is a c.1935 9ct 'Record' cushion case.

Regards to all, and thanks for all the inspiration and information over the last few months of Lounge browsing.:)

Rob StC.
RobStC
[/IMG]

Bugsy

One Too Many
Nick D said:
Thanks :) Will's growing, though he's still small for his age. But he's very healthy and active. He's started smiling at us and is usually very happy (he was grumpy the last couple days, but is back to his smiling self again).

We just bought him a 1950s play outfit which he will fit in soon, and a small vintage Stetson fedora for when he's older.

As long as will is healthy, that's the important thing. The fact that he's small for his age might carry on into adulthood so he can fit into all of wonderful vintage clothes that many of us can't. ;) I hope more pictures of him are coming soon.

Bugsy

One Too Many
RobStC said:
Hello all,

Rob StC.
RobStC
[/IMG]

Wonderful outfit. You look great. :eusa_clap You must be a very intelligent gentleman. It took me ages to figure out Photobucket, and I still mess up.

RobStC

A-List Customer
The 'other' picture.....

chanteuseCarey said:
RobStC, you look terrific in this!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap You are quite the dapper gent. I really like the other pic showing the back of your outfit in the mirror even better! Hey, I wanna see those cat gut braces and the watch too please... :)

Hello CC (if I may be so bold as to call you that!),
Thankyou for the kind words. Funny you should mention about liking the 'other' picture in the mirror - people often say that a view from the back is my best angle in photographs :(

Will get the camera out again soon and try and give you photos of braces and watch etc.

Regards from a 'sort of sunny' Scotland.
Rob

RobStC

A-List Customer
Bugsy said:
Wonderful outfit. You look great. :eusa_clap You must be a very intelligent gentleman. It took me ages to figure out Photobucket, and I still mess up.

Thanks Bugsy,
Very kind of you to say so.

All I need to do now is figure out how to get pictures to show up directly in a post, rather than having to have a link to photobucket. Any helpful person got any advice? Please bear in mind that I'm a techno-phobic Luddite.....

Rob StC

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Tomasso said:
Lookin' good, Big Man.

I've been to Biloxi only once;I need to return.

Thanks. I passed through Biloxi and Gulfport once before about 15 years ago, but it was late at night and I didn't get to see the gulf. [huh] So, this was my "first" time to really be there. It's a beautiful area, even with the remnants of Katrina damage all about.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Oh, dear! That's not what I meant sir... You are a handsome gent! Its just nice to see an outfit from the front AND rear view as well.

A mirror is not the easiest prop to utilize well in a photograph, so it really adds to the finished pic. Yours is a good pic, please add it here when you get that photobucket imbed figured out.

I believe Dinerman and HarpPlayerGene both work with photobucket, I'm sure they can help you...

RobStC said:
Hello CC (if I may be so bold as to call you that!),
Thankyou for the kind words. Funny you should mention about liking the 'other' picture in the mirror - people often say that a view from the back is my best angle in photographs :(

Will get the camera out again soon and try and give you photos of braces and watch etc.

Regards from a 'sort of sunny' Scotland.
Rob

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
chanteuseCarey said:
Oh, dear! That's not what I meant sir... You are a handsome gent! Its just nice to see an outfit from the front AND rear view as well.

A mirror is not the easiest prop to utilize well in a photograph, so it really adds to the finished pic. Yours is a good pic, please add it here when you get that photobucket imbed figured out.

I believe Dinerman and HarpPlayerGene both work with photobucket, I'm sure they can help you...

lol lol lol

tbrunke

Familiar Face
RobStC said:
Hello all,

Rob StC.
RobStC
[/IMG]

Very slick, you look great!

RobStC

A-List Customer
For chanteuseCarey

chanteuseCarey said:

Just to show that I'm not offended by your preference for a back view of me:p , here's the watch you asked about. Sorry in advance for the quality of the pics - still trying to get the hang of all this 21st century technology.....:(

RobStC

RobStC

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21