Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Gene

Practically Family
Feeling a bit under the weather today (notice no shave), so I kept it simple.

3903577213_743ce6e45a_o.jpg

Pocket watch & chain, Wormser newsboy cap, vintage 40's sunglasses, belt, shoes, all vintage except for the pants (90's probably) and shirt (which IS "vintage cut" however, with capped sleeves). Off to class now.

Gene

SweetieStarr

A-List Customer
Gene said:

Pocket watch & chain, Wormser newsboy cap, vintage 40's sunglasses, belt, shoes, all vintage except for the pants (90's probably) and shirt (which IS "vintage cut" however, with capped sleeves). Off to class now.

Gene

Looks great, Gene!

mattfink

Practically Family
Gene said:

Gene

Great look! Where did you pick up the capped sleeve t-shirt?

Gene

Practically Family
mattfink said:
Great look! Where did you pick up the capped sleeve t-shirt?

Matt, it's actually a Banana Republic T-Shirt called "Fitted Crew." It's got a great vintage-y neck that's really thin like they used to be in addition to the short capped sleeves. I've only got one in black, but I need to check if they make other colors too. Keep in mind though, the shirt is about 4 years old so I'm not sure if they're still making this style...hope they are!

And alas...here they are!

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=47987

Gene

Panache

A-List Customer
The San Francisco Calendonia Club put on their 144th Highland Games last weekend

On Saturday I participated with a Scottish Country Dance team that performed a medley of three dances before two judges (we recieved a very good review! :) )

I wore a "Jacobite/ghille/highlander" shirt because this is what our team wore.

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Because the weather was so mild (80 degrees) I was able to wear a proper highland day wear outfit to attend on Sunday with my lovely wife.

DSC00601.jpg

It was a great games!

Cheers

Jamie

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
SayCici said:
Thanks everyone. :) Here's what I wore to take some very late photos for the Mad Men contest (apparently in vain, I'm getting site errors)!
6735_114144863211_593008211_2288610_5051352_n.jpg

Hopefully I look like a real live girl in this one, Antje. ;)
You look gorgeous!

mike

Call Me a Cab
SweetieStarr said:
I like this, especially the black/white combo.

Thanks everyone :)

Here is a close up of the material. It's actually got flecks of blue and interesting stripes running vertical and horizontal. Also it's quite light weight, absolutely doable for cooler summer nights. I'm pretty excited that the weather is turning. Back to suit seasons for me!

DSCN0504.jpg

DSCN0504-1.jpg

Gene

Practically Family
Feeling a little better today. Classic "taking a picture of you taking a picture" pose. Oh and I didn't even notice my right pant leg was caught in the top of my spectators :eusa_doh:

3907343348_10b359c7f1.jpg

All vintage today!

babs

A-List Customer
Tomasso said:
Then jump on these babies.

Those 2-tone wingtips are way cool. (for lack of proper vocabulary as to what those shoes are typically called)

First thought I had though would be they'd be extremely tough to polish.. Certainly wouldn't want to break out a can of kiwi black on them or it'd be too easy to risk ruining the white part. I guess kiwi clear only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy