Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
worn yesterday at the ADSC Gatsby Summer Afternoon

Here I am on the dance floor with my husband Chuck! My ensemble was made from vintage patterns. The 30s skirt is of a light yellow handkerchief linen with vintage buttons, and the blouse is a vintage navy dotted crisp organdy type fabric with the same linen used as trim. My navy pancake hat is vintage 1930s. My repro sunglasses with green lenses are from Allyn Scura. I also wore vintage ivory crocheted gloves, modern but vintage-inspired navy faux crocodile pumps. My dapper husband is wearing vintage wool plus fours and a vintage jacket, with modern shirt, tie, argyle socks and boater.
374086712.jpg

Here's our son Daniel and our daughter Sarah reading vintage magazines at our picnic setup. Young Master Daniel is wearing a vintage boater, white modern Nordstrom pinpoint spread collar shirt, vintage silk bow tie, modern Ralph Lauren linen and cotton Cricket sweater, vintage style 30-40s pattern trousers made of the same lt. yellow handkerchief linen as my skirt, with burgundy vintage sock garters, and modern striped socks. Miss Sarah is wearing a vintage 30s navy raffia hat with cream grosgrain ribbon cockcade trim, with her lovely vintage 30s print cotton dress with organdy trim, and modern white crocheted gloves.
374084744.jpg

We brought our friend Adele with us, this was her first vintage event ever, and she is officially hooked! She is wearing a vintage print 20s chiffon dress, with a vintage 20s slip I dyed golden yellow. I bought these originally to wear at the Gatsby but the 20s silhouette fit her far better so she bought the dress and slip from me. She borrowed the my vintage little red raffia 30s hat and modern ivory crocheted gloves.
374089134.jpg

Geronimo

One of the Regulars
IMG_0141-1.jpg

Wore the pants outside the boots today, but they're more comfortable this way.
The boots are Chippewa high-shine engineers. After a bit of stretching with the shoe-tree, they fit perfectly. Not too tight, not too loose.
They shine up beautifully.

Djupis

One of the Regulars
Torpedo, great look (as usual), but the way you wear that hat today :eusa_clap I want one like it and wear it the same way!

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Geronimo said:
IMG_0141-1.jpg

Wore the pants outside the boots today, but they're more comfortable this way.
The boots are Chippewa high-shine engineers. After a bit of stretching with the shoe-tree, they fit perfectly. Not too tight, not too loose.
They shine up beautifully.

Great look!! I love it!

This is the best picture I can produce (webcam quality) so far..

Black knit top
Black pencil skirt with leather piping
Opaque stockings
Black patent Mary Janes
Lavender pearls and a Camelia brooch

Photoon2009-09-15at15495.jpg

Torpedo

One Too Many
PapaSmurf, I find fedoras look very well with bowling shirts for a casual image!
CCarey, nice, nice location family shots.
Quigley, excellent combo. And I hope to be able to take pics as good as you some day...

Geronimo

One of the Regulars
Great look!! I love it!
Thank you.

This is the best picture I can produce (webcam quality) so far..

Black knit top
Black pencil skirt with leather piping
Opaque stockings
Black patent Mary Janes
Lavender pearls and a Camelia brooch
You're looking very sharp there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ