Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Hello, friends. You've been on my mind lo these past weeks and months, and I hope you'll forgive my absence. I have been moving into a new domicile, and even before that the stress of my previous circumstances weighed heavily enough that pictures of my daily attire fell low on my list of priorities.

And now I am in my new digs, only to discover that my digital camera did not survive the transition. Moving was such a strain on my resources that the purchase of a new camera will have to wait at least another month or two. And, of course, I have also not been able to purchase any new suits of clothes or hats. A sad man am I. I do have a brown pinstripe three-piece suit and a blue vintage fedora that I came into possesion of, each awaiting a fat paycheck to tailor and fix up so that I may wear and share them.

Until such time as I am able to do otherwise I will endeavor to contribute more actively to the forum, even if only by way of trite comments and banal emoticons.

Cheers!

(Bartenders: please forgive the bloggy nature of this post!)

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Good to hear from you Sir, you've been missed.

Slim Portly said:
Hello, friends. You've been on my mind lo these past weeks and months, and I hope you'll forgive my absence... Until such time as I am able to do otherwise I will endeavor to contribute more actively to the forum, even if only by way of trite comments and banal emoticons.Cheers!(Bartenders: please forgive the bloggy nature of this post!)

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I look much more serious than I am.
IMG_3986.jpg

repeatclicks

Practically Family
Mr. 'H' said:
That suit is insane! You've got the perfect physique for all sorts of killer vintage gear. You really pull off that whole "look".

I think he just knows what proper tailoring is, how to coordinate, and staying away from items that simply wouldnt look right, no matter how vintage or unique.

Adele

One of the Regulars
Slim - I fourth the comments above mine directed at you (if that makes any sort of grammatical sense!)

Mike - I really like that suit, and you look grand.

ThesFlishThngs- cute shoes (and I like the furniture as well)!

Dinerman - as always, :eusa_clap .

mike

Call Me a Cab
repeatclicks said:
I think he just knows what proper tailoring is, how to coordinate, and staying away from items that simply wouldnt look right, no matter how vintage or unique.

Oooh you guys are too kind! I'm still learning, actually I changed the pocket square to a brown/red combo instead of the one pictured (a 1933 Chicago World's Fair pocket square!) I thought the colors might clash with the bowtie. I dunno, better safe than thinking about it all night, right? :eusa_doh: Anyway, that was me on my way to my 1930's barrelhouse blues night. :D

anon`

One Too Many
More of a test fitting than an actual worn-out-and-about outfit, but I was trying something out yesterday and would up with a couple of pics that just cry out to be shared.

You can't see it, but there's a basket on the floor, just to my right. I apparently couldn't see it either as I was backing away from my camera and tripped over it. Didn't fall, but I wound up leaning on my closet door for support. Love the deer-in-headlights look I'm giving the camera, even if it is out of focus:
DSCN3811.JPG

Somewhat more composed:
DSCN3814.JPG
DSCN3812.JPG

Suit's off to the tailor today to have an inch or so added to the jacket.

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
Here's a not-great photo of what I'm wearing today. I'm in one of my favorite suits, and it's my first time to wear this particular bow tie.

me0918.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk