Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

mike

Call Me a Cab
Modern plaid Borsalino light weight 8 panel cap
40's plain brown tie
modern brooks brothers shirt
rugby fair isle sleeveless sweater
high rise brown twill polo trousers
brown allen edmonds cap toe shoes
vintage brown leather jacket with conmar bell zippers, a back belt that is pleated (but not vented) and wrist straps.

I dunno if either of these pictures will do this jacket justice, but for the time being use your imagination (a very powerful tool!) :p

DSCN0525.jpg

DSCN0528.jpg

MK Palmer

New in Town
Good evening, a pleasure to be here.

As this is my first post, I'd like to say hello from Edinburgh. For a day attempting to repair the inadequacies of organisation in a friend's wedding, I am sporting a pair of modern dark grey-mix with burgundy window pane check tweed trousers, mid tan brogues and burgundy socks, an orange-and-brown on cream tattersall check shirt, burgundy tie and matching suspenders and a three-piece grey-mix tweed cap. Unfortunately the weather has been stinking, with the native rain of Scotland- it looks like mist but it drifts in any direction so that it moistens everything that dares step out of the house- and so I also had my 1976 Burberry trenchcoat. I hope to post a picture of the two piece green borders-twist tweed suit and my new two-and-three-eights brim fur felt fedora that I am expecting to arrive from Christy's of London in the next few days. Until then, thank you for having me.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Mike, with that 'stach you look a lot like the Michael from Road to Perdition. You wear it well. Nice jacket too.

Wore this today:
me155.jpg

The tie is pleated, from the '50s:
ties082.jpg

D-503

Familiar Face
Traveling

Nothing I'm wearing, so far as I can tell, is actually vintage, but oh well. Most everything I picked up at goodwill, thrift stores, or ebay, and the suit and the vest are missing their tags. This is at the Minneapolis airport before I got on a plane to Dublin!

IMG_2480.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
My vote is the second or third outfit...:) :)

Quigley Brown said:
Sorry Feraud, I deleted it at first because it was telling me the photo didn't come through. So here it is again...

I'm kickin' around a few ideas. I'm being interviewed by a newspaper about my tie collection tomorrow.

triplets100.jpg
[/IMG]

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Great outfit Sproily! Glad to have you on board here, looking forward to more pics from you as time goes on. Great to have another young gent here exhibiting excellent style even at a tender age... You sure know how to pose for a photograph.

sproily said:
This was me today
wots.jpg

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Mike looking very sharp, excellent combinations you're sharing with us. Nice 'stache too!

Though I want to get you away from the frig and the dog bowls for your photos! All of that distracts the viewers attention away from you. Any blank or less busy wall or door space- are you working with a tripod?

mike said:

Bugsy

One Too Many
MK Palmer said:
As this is my first post, I'd like to say hello from Edinburgh. For a day attempting to repair the inadequacies of organisation in a friend's wedding, I am sporting a pair of modern dark grey-mix with burgundy window pane check tweed trousers, mid tan brogues and burgundy socks, an orange-and-brown on cream tattersall check shirt, burgundy tie and matching suspenders and a three-piece grey-mix tweed cap. Unfortunately the weather has been stinking, with the native rain of Scotland- it looks like mist but it drifts in any direction so that it moistens everything that dares step out of the house- and so I also had my 1976 Burberry trenchcoat. I hope to post a picture of the two piece green borders-twist tweed suit and my new two-and-three-eights brim fur felt fedora that I am expecting to arrive from Christy's of London in the next few days. Until then, thank you for having me.

Welcome, MK.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

mike

Call Me a Cab
chanteuseCarey said:
Mike looking very sharp, excellent combinations you're sharing with us. Nice 'stache too!

Though I want to get you away from the frig and the dog bowls for your photos! All of that distracts the viewers attention away from you. Any blank or less busy wall or door space- are you working with a tripod?

lol I know, it's terrible! It's one of the only places in my apartment that I can find to prop my camera up on a bookshelf at a decent height. I don't have a tripod at the moment :eusa_doh:

thanks though! :)

mike

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
Mike, with that 'stach you look a lot like the Michael from Road to Perdition. You wear it well. Nice jacket too.

Wore this today:
me155.jpg

The tie is pleated, from the '50s:
ties082.jpg

thanks Will! I really dig that jacket! What's the back look like?

mike

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
Hey Mike, it's a plain back.

Campusjacket002-1.jpg

Any info on when it could be from? It's got a great cut to it which would make one think it would be a pre-50's more box cut jackets, but the collar isn't all that substantial to appear 30's...? [huh]
And are those front pleats?!

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Today I was actually able to put on my Stetson 'Gordon' straw and wear it all day. That means that is finally getting cooler here in the Valley of the Sun - around 100F! Soon I'll be back in my felts - by, say, November!!

-dixon cannon

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
mike said:
Any info on when it could be from? It's got a great cut to it which would make one think it would be a pre-50's more box cut jackets, but the collar isn't all that substantial to appear 30's...? [huh]
And are those front pleats?!

1950s I'd say. The crazy patterned lining is indicitave of the '50s. Campus was also popular in the '50s. I have another '50s Campus jacket with the same lining and similar tag.
Campusjacket006.jpg

Yup, front pleats/gussets. A really neat feature.
Campusjacket003.jpg

RobStC

A-List Customer
MK Palmer said:

Just like to say 'Welcome', and glad to see someone else from these parts posting. Haven't seen anyone else around Edinburgh wearing a fedora or decent hat of any sort for an awfully long time now (sometimes I feel like I'm the only one! [huh] ), so will be good to see pics of your new Christy, and I'll keep my eyes peeled around the streets just in case we cross paths.

Yep, the Edinburgh weather has had the odd inclement moment recently, hasn't it? :(

Regards,
RobStC

RobStC

A-List Customer
sproily said:
:eek: Thank you all for the warm welcome!

and :eek:fftopic: get_atomized, Tom Waits for the win :eusa_clap

http://www.last.fm/user/sproily

Yep, v. nice pics, Sproily. A subtly different 'European' look..... (and absolutely no offence intended at all to any Hawaiian shirt and 'ten-gallon hat' fans out there ;) )

And ::eek:fftopic: it's a brilliant photo of himself (TW), isn't it? Maybe we should start a TW appreciation club on the Lounge (if there isn't one already). Had the immense pleasure of seeing him in concert here in Edinburgh last year - quite awesome, one of the best concerts I've ever attended, by anyone, of any musical persuasion.....

Regards,
RobStC

analiebe

A-List Customer
sproily... i'm in total agreement with chanteuse...
you've most certainly in possession of innate style young man, there is absolutely nothing contrived about it and your individuality shines through too
BRAVO! ... certainly looking forward to future outfits
sproily said:
This was me today

wots.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic