Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
As there are 'intermittent' showers today...

The trenchcoat is coming out of hibernation...as is the 3 pc brown DB 40's suit and the Aviator hat.

howardhughesAviatorhat006.jpg

analiebe

A-List Customer
sorry for the slightly disheveled look but it was a windy one in melbourne town today...

dressed for work...
vintage styled short tailored wool jacket (antons of melbourne)... late 40s styled wool pencil skirt (antons of melbourne)... early 50s organza pussy-bow blouse... 40s bakelite bead bracelet... self-made black fabric rose brooch... vintage-esque patent leather pumps

3968049407_bd06d8502a.jpg

3968822868_c5875ca863.jpg

3968822710_4c332013fd.jpg

sproily

Practically Family
PADDY said:
The trenchcoat is coming out of hibernation...as is the 3 pc brown DB 40's suit and the Aviator hat.

howardhughesAviatorhat006.jpg

Wow nice!! :eusa_clap I love the trench! What make is it?

analiebe said:
sorry for the slightly disheveled look but it was a windy one in melbourne town today...

dressed for work...
vintage styled short tailored wool jacket (antons of melbourne)... late 40s styled wool pencil skirt (antons of melbourne)... early 50s organza pussy-bow blouse... 40s bakelite bead bracelet... self-made black fabric rose brooch... vintage-esque patent leather pumps

3968049407_bd06d8502a.jpg

3968822868_c5875ca863.jpg

My girlfriend is really into this sort of secretary look herself. You've got it just right! The cut on the jacket looks almost 19th centuryish. Which is nice!
My girlfriend is eager to join also, but she doesn't have the e-mail address necessary..

RobStC: Yes, perhaps we have to open up a thread atleast :) If there isn't one already! :eek:

Today I was a bit more sporty looking. New cap and new shoes. A more youthful look I think.

garconnet1.jpg

garconnet2.jpg

analiebe

A-List Customer
ah... the trench... i am still searching for the perfect ladies vintage trench... up to now it has eluded me but i WILL find it!

PADDY said:

and sproily - thank you kindly... as for my jacket... that 19th century quality is exactly why i love it so

and as for your outfit.... yet another winner... that jacket! - superb!

sproily

Practically Family
I guess your patent leather pumps are victorian-inspired also? :D

Victorian ankle boots would fit perfectly there.

Since I received my cap today in the mail I wanted to try it with another outfit.

So this is me, second time today:

please try to look past the goofy posture

golfer.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
sproily said:
I guess your patent leather pumps are victorian-inspired also? :D

Victorian ankle boots would fit perfectly there.

Since I received my cap today in the mail I wanted to try it with another outfit.

So this is me, second time today:

please try to look past the goofy posture

golfer.jpg

We need more young gentlemen who dress like you do. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

sproily

Practically Family
analiebe said:
i know, i know but vintage are way too tiny for my huge feet and i have yet to find a new pair that i adore...

414YT%2BYsx4L._AA280_.jpg

These are really cheap- but they may not be the best quality. I'm sure you've seen them around. Funtasma shoes.

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
sproily said:
414YT%2BYsx4L._AA280_.jpg

These are really cheap- but they may not be the best quality. I'm sure you've seen them around. Funtasma shoes.

My wife would love those but for the zipper. She can't seem to find lace up boots that actually lace up.

Torpedo

One Too Many
Quite a few fine outfits.

Sproily, you have made a remarkable entrée I feel... I love that brown DB jacket! Goes very well with the cap. Please share the details of jacket and cap... I do like the last combo too, but it would definitely improve if you get braces with buttons, and dispense with the clips.

Paddy, classic ensemble and nice pose and pic!

Analiebe, if that is your disheveled, no need to worry for your smart! ;)

Torpedo

One Too Many
Today's outfit... playing with blues and grays mostly.

Tie is a 30's shorty...

DSC_0761b.jpg

Off I go with the complete assembly, topped with a 40-50's Lee Adventure fedora...

DSC_0763bb.jpg

sproily

Practically Family
Torpedo said:

Sproily, you have made a remarkable entrée I feel... I love that brown DB jacket! Goes very well with the cap. Please share the details of jacket and cap... I do like the last combo too, but it would definitely improve if you get braces with buttons, and dispense with the clips.

I'm working on the buttons :) Thanks.

I'm liking the gray/blue combo, haven't thought of that. Looks very sharp.

I'm not sure about the age of the DB coat. I've heard someone say it's from the 60's. It's an "osuma coat" finnish label that has disappeared beyond the internet. The fabric is heavy and it's a quality product. I'd say it's earlier than 60's judging from the fabric.

The cap is a new, made in the USA all wool CAPAS headwear n.y. It's quite nice. Thick wool, very warm.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Is AUTUMNE really here yet??

Sure seemed like Fall weather yesterday- time to get the vintage garb going again...yippee!

Last night just in time for Pilates class the wind wooshed up and was swirling all around. First time I've added a sweat-jacket over my exercise top (I've appropriated the hubby's Body Glove wife beater t-shirts he always wears with his vintage suits- okay, so its a quasi-vintage exercise look) in months...

Clotheswise, I'm tired of the hot weather and most of my vintage pieces are not so suited for it either! Looking forward to posting more vintage clad pics as the cooler weather is upon us.

Now that the ADSC "deco season" is pretty much over here, our family is "on the hunt" looking for events and dances that are suitable for wearing vintage.

Djupis

One of the Regulars
Torpedo said:

Paddy, classic ensemble and nice pose and pic!

Analiebe, if that is your disheveled, no need to worry for your smart! ;)

My exact thoughts on all three.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou