Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

brendon

Familiar Face
new shoes and bow tie

this is me today in my new shoes and bow tie.
its my fist time wearing a bow out and about i brought it a i have a works party coming up and i may use it for my when i go see rocky horror also new shoes from topman uk
DSCN0822.jpg

DSCN0823.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
LelaViavonie ; Oh my goodness!!! :D :D

Well another crappy pic from me ( I am horrible at aiming my cell phone camera, I always cut something out!) this time it was intended since the full picture might be a little too saucy for the lounge :)

Anyways, my New Years eve outfit!

Very red dress & Bettie Page'esque shoes

31122009017.jpg

31122009019.jpg

And I am looking forward to receiving some pictures from Wednesday night - I am seen fencing inside a pub, but still casually holding my glass of wine. And yes, I won, but it was bloody hard lunging in a pencil skirt!

alden405

A-List Customer
Darhling said:
LelaViavonie ; Oh my goodness!!! :D :D

Well another crappy pic from me ( I am horrible at aiming my cell phone camera, I always cut something out!) this time it was intended since the full picture might be a little too saucy for the lounge :)

Anyways, my New Years eve outfit!

Very red dress & Bettie Page'esque shoes

31122009017.jpg

31122009019.jpg

And I am looking forward to receiving some pictures from Wednesday night - I am seen fencing inside a pub, but still casually holding my glass of wine. And yes, I won, but it was bloody hard lunging in a pencil skirt!

but lunging in those heels was OK???

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
crazydaisy said:
OMG! I love this! Just look at that mustache!! Can you show us the family portrait as well?

Thanks :) Unfortunately, I can't post any of the portraits. We'll probably to a self-family portrait soon that we can share.

Bugsy, he's starting to try to crawl, so nothing is safe anymore. And he's decided that my hat brim is tasty, and takes "handlebar" moustache very seriously lol

Here's a picture of me after 57 hours of dealing with airlines, cancellations, delays, closed airports, late trains, and lost luggage (which is thankfully now on the way). I wore my suit there and back so I didn't have to pack it. Trouble was, I put on a few pounds over the holidays, so it's fitting a bit snug now. I'll just have to work hard to lose it.

DSC02978.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Nick D said:
Thanks :) Unfortunately, I can't post any of the portraits. We'll probably to a self-family portrait soon that we can share.

Bugsy, he's starting to try to crawl, so nothing is safe anymore. And he's decided that my hat brim is tasty, and takes "handlebar" moustache very seriously lol

Here's a picture of me after 57 hours of dealing with airlines, cancellations, delays, closed airports, late trains, and lost luggage (which is thankfully now on the way). I wore my suit there and back so I didn't have to pack it. Trouble was, I put on a few pounds over the holidays, so it's fitting a bit snug now. I'll just have to work hard to lose it.

DSC02978.jpg

Will is really growing up. I think hat brims are safe provided they've not been stored in moth balls. ;) As for your handlebar, it depends on how much pain you can stand. :eusa_doh:

I didn't think it would happen, but I finally met another man who wears a suit on a plane. Talk about a dying breed. Sorry that you had so much trouble. Believe me, know the feeling. Did your luggage at least get there when you did??

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
Bugsy said:
Will is really growing up. I think hat brims are safe provided they've not been stored in moth balls. ;) As for your handlebar, it depends on how much pain you can stand. :eusa_doh:

I didn't think it would happen, but I finally met another man who wears a suit on a plane. Talk about a dying breed. Sorry that you had so much trouble. Believe me, know the feeling. Did your luggage at least get there when you did??

We're still waiting on our two large pieces and his car seat.

I did my best to cut down on metal (non-metallic collar studs, no links, no tie bar), but my braces and sock garters set off the detectors in O'Hare on the way back so I had to get a full pat down. The next day at O'Hare (that was the cancelled flight) the guard had me take them off instead of doing a pat down.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
Todays outfit (no picture so far, unless I can pursuade my date to take one).

Going to the British Museum and then for afternoon tea then drinks:

the black Stop Staring dress I wore on Christmas Eve (picture a few pages back)
Seamed fishnet stockings
Louboutin black leather Mary Janes
Vuitton black epi leather handbag with an Hermés scarf tied to the handle.

With either a leopard cape or my trusted duffelcoat and shoulder lenght leather gloves.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Mr. Mountain Man, that is a really nice suit

My friend, next time you post a photo try taking off anything in the link which follows .jpg such as the ? or the &newest=1. I also had to delete the junk between Suit/ and IMG_2233 (I had no idea what I was doing there but it worked). Doing that may allow the photo to post so folks can see this swell suit. As I mentioned earlier it took me years to get this right!

Mountain Man said:
IMG_2234.jpg

Here is a tweed suit I had made earlier this year while stationed in Kabul - I got a few yards of very heavy (24oz) tweed on Ebay, and the tailor charged me 60 bucks to make it into a two-piece suit. The only actual vintage items I have on are the hat and the tie - the shoes are modern retro Ralph Lauren captoes in a Scotch grain.

I printed off a few of the 1930's color plates from this site and gave them to the tailor to give him an idea of what I wanted (he spoke almost no English) - and he got fairly close with the trousers especially - very high waisted, roomy legged, deep pleated - with a fishtail back

IMG_2233.jpg

Bugsy

One Too Many
Nick D said:

I did my best to cut down on metal (non-metallic collar studs, no links, no tie bar), but my braces and sock garters set off the detectors in O'Hare on the way back so I had to get a full pat down. The next day at O'Hare (that was the cancelled flight) the guard had me take them off instead of doing a pat down.

Flying is not very pleasant these days. Whenever I fly, I become a minimalist when it comes to dressing and accessories. I hope at least you were able to preserves some dignity at O'Hare. Good luck with the rest of your luggage.

Keep the faith

Boodles

A-List Customer
I'll second Mr Tomasso on this one :( :(

Could you then, just PM us the picture?

[QUOTE...this time it was intended since the full picture might be a little too saucy for the lounge :)
[/QUOTE]

brendon

Familiar Face
Nick D said:

sorry to hear your having lauggage troubles was it embarrising haveing to take you braces and such off, would you have rather had a pat down

Nick D

Call Me a Cab
brendon said:
sorry to hear your having lauggage troubles was it embarrising haveing to take you braces and such off, would you have rather had a pat down

The advantage of taking the braces and garters off was that it was quick, and I could get them back on quickly again. Since my wife was carrying Will and had to deal with her shoes, coat, bag, and the baby, getting through the metal detector so I could help her get things back together was more important. If I had opted to not take them off (and I could have), I would have had to wait for a guard and it takes longer.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
What I wore today while being a little goofus!

Red corduroy dress from Jc penneys
Cream letterman sweater with purple letter
ankle lace up boots with white and red socks

And here is the picture:

100_0370-1-1.jpg

Samantha

Ps I live in Florida thats way this photo is the way it is.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari