Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you wearing today??

grundie

One of the Regulars
This is my first attempt at one of these. We had been planning to go on a hike in to the WIcklow mountains, but then we learned that Festival of World Culture was on at Dún Laoghaire so we changed our plans. I was still dressed like a hiker though.

Y39usl.jpg

I was trying to look atheltic, but I ended up looking like a gumby.

RobStC

A-List Customer
crazydaisy said:
Christ Church College, Oxford.

:eek:fftopic: Thank you for this, Daisy. Having lived in Cambridge and often visited Oxford, I have been in enough Colleges to start getting vague as to exactly which ones are where..... :eek:

I must say, you've been doing a good line in 'out and about' pictures recently. Most enjoyable - keep it up!

RobStC

Edward

Bartender
Sapphire said:
Edward,

that's quite a timeless outfit, isn't it? Seeing your photo just made me think about how old the tradition of these gowns might be. I had the pleasure to wear such a gown for the first time in June this year (I say pleasure as it was only 16°C outside... ), but having been a part-time postgrad student, I think some of the younger graduates might have mistaken me for a prof (at least age-wise ;)

lol

To the best of my knowledge, the gowns we wear nowadays as academic dress are based originally upon the actual day to day clothing of Undergraduates in the fourteenth century (or thereabouts.... the time period in which Universities started to be recognised across Europe as formal institutions).

Mr Vim

One Too Many
My Coast Guard uniform, don't get me wrong, its a fine uniform, but (and not to get off subject) I liked the time when the Coast Guard wore tan dress uniforms, if I had that I would be wearing it every day.

The Shooman

Practically Family
Seeing the boys to blow our horns tonight.
Todaysclothing3-1.jpg

l got the flower from the ladies garden next door. Felt like something to brighten up the dull winter. l often like wearing a flower when l blow my horn in public.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Sapphire said:
Edward,

that's quite a timeless outfit, isn't it? Seeing your photo just made me think about how old the tradition of these gowns might be. I had the pleasure to wear such a gown for the first time in June this year (I say pleasure as it was only 16°C outside... ), but having been a part-time postgrad student, I think some of the younger graduates might have mistaken me for a prof (at least age-wise ;) ).

IMG_1066.jpg

By the way - I like the skull picture as well but was wondering if you are actually reading law or medicine ;)

Cheers,
Tom

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap congratulations Edward and Tom. Graduating is so exciting. I got my masters last May and I think those cap and gown pictures are some of the best things ever, no matter who is in the cap and gown.

Sapphire

One of the Regulars
@ Grant Fan:
Thanks a lot, but please note that despite the similar hat, Edward is much wiser than me - him being a professor, me just having been a humble student...

By the way, let me use this opportunity to thank you for sharing your wonderful photos here! The guys must be queuing up in front of your door ;)

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Sapphire said:
@ Grant Fan:
Thanks a lot, but please note that despite the similar hat, Edward is much wiser than me - him being a professor, me just having been a humble student...

By the way, let me use this opportunity to thank you for sharing your wonderful photos here! The guys must be queuing up in front of your door ;)

I did notice he is a professor, I hope to have my PhD and be one myself but it is still wonderful to get to wear a cap and gown no matter the degree you have earned. And thank you for the kind complement.

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
The Shooman said:
Seeing the boys to blow our horns tonight.
Todaysclothing3-1.jpg

l got the flower from the ladies garden next door. Felt like something to brighten up the dull winter. l often like wearing a flower when l blow my horn in public.

Nice color combo.

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Odalisque I love that dress, and actually thought about buying it, I have to tell you I am a bit green with envy, and I love you shoes. Amazing outfit you look wonderful.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Grant Fan said:
Odalisque I love that dress, and actually thought about buying it, I have to tell you I am a bit green with envy, and I love you shoes. Amazing outfit you look wonderful.

Thank you, such a nice compliment!
I love the dress TD dresses sometimes fit a little oddly in the bust but nothing a little time with the sewing machine can't fix.

The Shooman

Practically Family
thunderw21 said:
Nice color combo.

Yes. l don't post pics very often but l thought the combination was interesting and different from what you usually see on any of the forums, so l thought l would share it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR